Cantelow Socks by All Knit Up


This has been the year of the sock for me.  In fact, I think I'm on track to where I could participate in a Box of Socks KAL this year, especially now that I'm receiving a SockCrate by KnitCrate each month!  Each SockCrate comes with a hank of fingering weight yarn and a pattern that goes along with a particular theme, so you never really know what you're going to get.  For example, this month, the theme was 'Contemporary', and it featured cool tones, with a minimalistic style, while last month's was 'Golden Hour', with the tones being much warmer and inspired by nature (check out my socks from last month here)


These particular socks are the Cantelow Socks by All Knit Up, and they're made out of the Audine Wools Luxury Sock in the colorway Weekend.  I loved working with this yarn.  It's 75% Merino, 15% Nylon, and 10% Cashmere, so it's super soft, and I love how the dark flecks of red and blue against a pale blue base gives an almost worn-in denim look.  Honestly, all of the KnitCrate boxes this month have had an amazing balance of casual style with a bit of luxury thrown in.  I recently finished my Daxis Wrap by Pariser Landluft from my main KnitCrate, and it's the same way.


I did make a couple of changes to the sock pattern, two that were intentional, and one that was not.  You may be able to see the purl row that is just at the top of the heel flap of my sock, and that isn't supposed to be there.  I misread the pattern, and for some strange reason added it in.  I don't really mind it, but if I were to do this pattern again, I would not put it in.  I also added a selvage edge to the heel flap to make it easier to pick up stitches for the gusset, and added two extra rows to my heel flap solely because that's what I always do.  Overall, this was my favorite KnitCrate theme, and I can't to see what I'm going to get next month!

What do you think of these socks? If you're interested in signing up for your own SockCrate Membership, make sure to use my code: PEARLS20 for 20% off!

Did you miss my May KnitCrate Unboxing?  Check it out here:

Comments

  1. If you do workouts regularly, then moisture-wicking socks are perfect for you, because this fabric can handle wetness better than traditional materials. To buy these socks at an affordable price, you can visit the Work Gearz website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment