Prepping Evelyn for Walt Disney World

I know I'm planning a little far ahead, but I've mentioned before that next January my mom's entire family is going to be going down to Walt Disney World.  If you haven't heard me talk about this, then you may be wondering why on earth we would be bringing our daughter, who will be turning one at the time, all the way from Minnesota to Florida when she's not going to remember any of it.  Well, to be completely honest, it's not for her so much as it is for the rest of us.  We're going down for the 25th Anniversary Marathon Weekend, and I'm so excited to say that I will be running the marathon! 

Completing the Disney Marathon has been a dream of mine for such a long time, and the fact that I will be there for the 25th Anniversary makes it even more special!  Of course, since I've started training and preparing to fulfill this longtime goal, I've also started prepping Evelyn's closet for the occasion with a few items from the babyGap.  I doubt that these items will still be available by the time we go, so I thought I'd share them, now.


The first piece I picked up was this little Dumbo dress that I'd been eyeing long before we knew we were having a girl.  In fact, I told myself that if we did have a girl, I would allow myself to get it for her.  The morning after Evelyn was born, I was on my phone in the hospital looking at it again, but it actually took me a few more weeks to purchase it.  I love this dress so much, and not only for how pretty it is.  When Joe and I were trying to get pregnant, I had thrown around the idea of doing a Dumbo themed nursery, mostly because I love the song Baby Mine and elephants.  I ended up deciding on a minimalistic woodland theme, but you can still see elephants in her nursery, and I love singing Baby Mine to comfort her.


Fitting more with Evelyn's woodland nursery, I also picked up this sweater with Thumper from Bambi on it.  I honestly wish this sweater came in my size, and maybe sometime I can figure out how to knit one, but in the meantime, I'll just love it on her.  I think you could pair this sweater with just about any color leggings, though I'll likely go for a pair of classic black ones.  I really hope she's toddling around by the time she fits into it, but she's also in the 85th to 95th percentiles for her height and weight, so we'll see!


I also had to get her a couple of princess items.  Since the live action Beauty and the Beast came out this year, and the animated version has been my favorite Disney movie since it came out in 1991, I had to pick up this adorable little dress with a cream and navy striped bodice and navy tulle skirt.  It features a gold silhouette of Belle in her ball gown, with just a pop of hot pink for the rose in her hand.  I love the little "French" details incorporated in this dress.  For example, I always think of Parisian fashion when I see stripes like these, and the bodice is made of a French Terry - though, I don't know that French Terry is actually French.


Finally, I got her this light blue Cinderella t-shirt.  There's not much of a story behind this one - I just thought it was pretty, and it's made out of a nice cotton and polyester blend that should keep Evelyn from overheating on a particularly nice day.  There are similar shirts featuring Ariel, Elsa, or Anna, but Cinderella was the first Disney movie I watched when we brought her home, and it's a classic.


I'll probably still get her a few more things here and there, since she'll definitely be wearing these dresses and tops quite a bit even once we get home.  However, I haven't fully decided if I want to save them for our trip.  Everything is in size 12-18 months, so theoretically, Evelyn should just be growing into them, but as I mentioned before, she's big for her age.  We'll just have to play it by ear.

Comments