How to Knit a Hat Pattern

Anyone remember when I put up my last knitting pattern?  I know it's been a while, and this particular pattern is not going to be quite as complicated as most of the patterns I post here.  In fact, it's actually a pattern for a beginner's floppy hat.  Over on my YouTube channel, I decided to start making videos to teach people how to knit, and after making one on How to Knit a Scarf, I figured a hat would be a good second project!  I hope you guys enjoy it, and make sure to send me pictures if you try it out!


Materials
1 skein Caron Simply Soft in Burgundy
Size 8 needles
1 Lion Brand pompom
yarn needle

Cast on 88 sts.
Rows 1-16: work k2, p2 ribbing.
Row 17: knit.
Row 18: purl.
Repeat Rows 17-18 for 38 more times.
Next Row: k2tog to end.
Next Row: p2tog to end.
Next Row: k2tog to end.
Next Row: p2tog to last st, p1.
To finish, cut yarn and thread through remaining stitches.  Seam the side, and add pompom to top.  Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I just knitted this hat and it's the first pattern I've ever completed. Your explanations made it really easy, and I love my new hat! Thanks from New Zealand :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment