McCall's M7717 Dress


Oh my goodness.  This dress is probably my favorite handmade clothing item right now, mostly because I'm so proud of the fact that I finished it!  So, let me tell you a little backstory about this beauty.  Joe and I have a pretty packed wedding schedule this year, and I decided that I wanted to make my dress for all of them.  This past weekend was our first one, and it was a beautiful outdoor wedding in Lutsen, Minnesota, right on Lake Superior.  It was absolutely gorgeous!  Well, I finished this dress the night before we had to leave. 


For the experienced sewist, that probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm definitely a novice, and took my time when I was working on it.  I did also have to chat with my grandma at one point to figure out how to attach the lining to the zipper, but once she explained it to me, it was pretty quick and easy.  I just wish I hadn't procrastinated on it for so long.  The dress is made from the McCall's M7717 pattern, and it's version C.  I made it out of Telio Sirina Pebble Crepe Floral Ecru Fabric, and love how it turned out!  As I said earlier, I'm a beginner, so the seams don't exactly match up, I do have some weird pattern repeating on the midsection, but no one realized that I made it myself until I told them!


So, I suppose you're wondering if I'll actually go through with making the dresses for the other weddings we have this summer.  Well, that I'm not sure of.  part of me would really like to, but the other part of me is worried that I'll be staying up late the night before, again, putting on the finishing touches.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  As for right now, I know this particular dress is going to be getting quite a bit of use!

Comments