How to Knit | Chunky Cabled Infinity Scarf

I'm back with another knitting pattern/video combo!  This one is another request on how to knit an infinity scarf.  Since I've already covered a lot of different knitting topics in my previous knitting videos, I thought it was about time to share with you one of my favorite aspects about knitting: cables!  I love adding cabling to just about everything, because it instantly looks difficult.  But, with a little bit of practice, it's not bad at all!  I hope you guys like it as much as I do!


Materials
  • 3 Skeins Yarn Bee Baby Bee in Teddy
  • Size 6 needles
  • Yarn needle
  • Cable Needle
Stitch Glossary
CF4: slip 2 sts to cn and hold to front, k2, then k2 from cn.
CB4: slip 2 sts to cn and hold to back, k2, then k2 from cn.

Scarf Body
Cast on 120 sts.
Row 1-3: knit across.
Row 4: purl across.
Repeat rows 1-4 until piece measures 53"/134.5cm from beginning.

Scarf Accent
Row 1: (CF4, k2) across.
Row 2 (and all WS Rows): purl.
Row 3: (k2, CB4) across.
Row 4: purl across.
Repeat Rows 1-4 until piece measures 68"/173cm from beginning.

Finishing
Seam together bottom and top of scarf.  Seam sides of scarf to form a tube.  Weave in loose ends.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful pattern! If I want to make this scarf a little less wide, how many cast-on stitches would I need to decrease by, 6?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this but is size 6 6mm or us or uk size 6?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked the yarn she used and it is recommended for 4mm needles, US size 6 and UK size 8.. and yeah, I realize my reply is like half a year late lol

      Delete
  4. I recently subscribed your channel and I must say your video with blog is very helpful for a learner like me. I appreciate your teaching and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your channel. Your knitting is beautiful. Your Chunky Cabled lnfinity Scarf and Basic Mittens make a great gift idea .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment