Thereafter Cardigan by Alicia Plummer


I've been on quite the cardigan kick recently.  I won't go into too much detail, but so far this year, I've finished two (this one and the Dandelion Cardigan by Along Avec Anna), have two on the needles, and plans for one more.  They're just perfect for the summer months, since they're easy to slip on and off during the day, depending on what the weather is like.  This particular cardigan is the Thereafter Cardigan by Alicia Plummer, and is made out of Plymouth Yarn's Bamtastic yarn in the colorway Aquatic.  This was my first time using one of Alicia Plummer's patterns, and I fully intend to do more of them!  It was so brilliantly designed, my husband is probably sick of me talking about it.


It's worked from the top down, which is my favorite way to knit seamless sweaters (less finishing), and has the coolest shoulder shaping I've seen so far.  Increases are worked to create a "shoulder seam" before any stitches are added to the sleeves which ends up creating a mock set-in sleeve.  It also utilizes short rows to create a dropped back, and I did make a modification here.  I love the dropped back, but this pattern used wrap & turn shaping, which I just can't get to look right.  However, earlier this year I was introduced to German short rows, so I just used those, instead.  


I also loved the texture on the cuffs and bottom hem.  It looks nice in pictures, but oh my goodness, it looks amazing in person!  One final little geek out is that the math on this pattern was spot on.  I finished a cable repeat right before I started the bottom hem, the sleeve decreases were absolutely perfect - everything was so well thought out.  I was incredibly impressed by this pattern, and can't wait to start working on another Alicia Plummer design!  I suppose I should finish my other cardigans first, though.

Other Outfit Details:

Comments