Turkey Meatloaf Recipe

I was recently craving turkey meatloaf for some reason - not sure why, but I knew that somewhere I had found a really good, relatively healthy version of it.  Well, I looked and looked, and couldn't figure out where it was, so I just used the first recipe I could find.  That was a mistake.  It was really bland, and I didn't like it at all.  Then, I was browsing through some posts on an older blog of mine, and low and behold!  I found my recipe.  So, since I use this blog as kind of a record of food that we really like at our house, I thought I should post it again.


The original recipe was from Real Simple, but I did make a few changes, so I thought I'd share the entire thing with you:

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cups baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup basil, chopped
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
Directions:

Heat oven to 400°F.  In a bowl, combine turkey, onion, spinach, basil, bread crumbs, mustard, egg white, salt, and pepper.  Mix thoroughly.


Transfer to a greased bread pan.


Bake until cooked, 45-50 minutes.


Serve with catsup or marinara if desired.  Personally, I find this particular recipe so flavorful, I don't think it needs it, but that's just me. :)  Also, the original Real Simple recipe does suggest some buttermilk mashed potatoes to go with it, but I found that this was a good meal on its own.  If you are interested in the potatoes, you can check out the original recipe here.  I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we did, though!  Let me know what you think in the comment section below!

Comments