Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick in Raisin Rage

Ah, fall!  Much as I hate to be cold, I have to say that the fall and winter months is really when I truly feel at home with beauty and fashion.  I just love the oversized, cozy sweaters and leggings for a casual look, while still amping up the dressiness of skirts and dresses with classy boots and tights.  However, one thing that's an absolute must with any fall fashion option is a good berry lip color.


My favorite color this season has been one from the Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick line in Raisin Rage.  I've actually been a big fan of the entire range for a while, opting for Wine With Everything as my go-to color last fall and winter.  However, this year I'm going a little darker, and so far, I'm loving it!


The formulation is really smooth, and while it is definitely a dramatic color, it doesn't feel quite as dramatic, and I find that even for a pansy like me, this is a good, everyday color.  It also lasts quite a while, though I would recommend refreshing it directly after eating or drinking.  The color seems to fade really quickly during those kinds of activities, but otherwise doesn't budge.  I don't actually use a pencil for this one, but I would recommend it, as I do see slight feathering every once in a while.  It's not a big enough deal for me to really bother with it, but would make it even better!


The one thing I haven't really been able to get over is the fact that it reminds me of the California Raisins from the mid-80's.  Granted, I wasn't born until 1988, but apparently they were still cool enough to leave an impression on me!  Every time I look at this lipstick, I think of them, and honestly, it's not a bad thing.  Kind of makes me a little nostalgic.  Speaking of which, if you haven't seen the California Raisins, check out this link for their rendition of Signed, Sealed, Delivered.  I will warn you, though - it's quite clearly from the '80's. :)


Regardless, I absolutely love this lipstick, and have been wearing it pretty much every day this month.  I'd love to know what you've been wearing, though!  What are your favorite lipsticks or lip colors to wear during the fall and winter?  Your input is always invaluable to me, and has honestly helped me so much in my beauty and fashion journey!  Love you always, and I'll talk to you again, soon!

Comments