Revlon Colorstay ShadowLinks

I've recently started playing with the Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks, and I've got to say, I am absolutely in love!  Honestly, it's like the beauty girl's version of adult Lego...is that a weird comparison?  Either way, they're awesome.  For those of you that may not be quite as familiar with the concept of these little guys, they're single eyeshadows that have grooves in the sides so that you can link them together and form your own palettes.


The concept itself is phenomenal, and the only thing that I think would make it better would be if the tops and bottoms could link together as well.  Obviously, this would be quite the undertaking, though, what with hinges and such.  Since they are drugstore eyeshadows, and come in at around $3 a pop, some are definitely better than others.


For example, the colors Copper and Taupe are amazingly pigmented, while the Gold takes a lot to make opaque.  The Plum color can come off a little streaky, so it's important to be careful with that one, and the only others I've tried, Oyster and Onyx, seem pretty middle-of-the-road.  So, essentially it's a $3 gamble.  The thing I've noticed with Revlon, though, is that they'll come out with something seemingly gimicky, see if it works, and then improve upon it.  I think this could be a similar kind of product.


As I said, the range is still fairly small, with seventeen shades total.  Most of them are fairly neutral shades, with some blues and purples as the exception.  Personally, with it being fall, I'd love to see a nice burgundy, autumn red, or cranberry.  I love those shades in the cooler months, which I'm sure comes as no surprise to any of you, as it's the accent color in my Capsule Wardrobe, and honestly played a big role in my wardrobe last year, as well.  Regardless, I really hope that they expand this line, as I find it not only incredibly fun, but convenient, as well.  If you're going on vacation, you only need to bring the exact shadows you want to wear!


As always, if you guys have tried these shadows, please let me know what you think of them in the comment section!  I always love to know what your opinions are, and if you think there are any other products that I should try out, tell me about those, too!  I love trying new things out, and you guys have the best ideas.  Until next time, I hope you're having an incredible day, and I'll talk to you again, soon!

Comments

  1. I've seen these in store so many times and I've wanted to buy the bronze and gold shades x They do look really good for travelling x

    -http://wildfirecharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment