Moscow Mule Cocktail

So, Joe and I have these friends that we don't see nearly enough, but when we do, knowledge is always spread between us.  In fact, this particular recipe was from the same person that got me hooked on London Fog Lattes a while back.  Anyway, we recently saw them again, and I was introduced to the Moscow Mule.  Before I get into the recipe itself, I wanted to tell you a little about why a copper mug was used for this recipe, because it does actually have meaning!  Moscow Mules, for those of you that have not heard of them, are traditionally served in a copper mug, essentially because the creator of the cocktail, John G. Martin, liked the way it looked, and advertised it that way.  Since then, it's just been tradition to serve in a copper mug!  History is fascinating, isn't it? ;)


Ingredients
  • 1/2 ounce of lime juice
  • 2 ounces vodka
  • 4 to 6 ounces ginger beer
  • Copper mug
Directions

The cocktail itself is pretty easy.  Just add ice to your mug.



Pour in the vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice.


Stir, and add a couple lime wedges as a garnish.


Easy!  Now, you not only have a wonderfully refreshing beverage with just a bit of bite from the ginger beer, you also know why they're served in a copper mug!  Sure, it's not the most useful bit of trivia, but it's something.


I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, and if you're of age, I'd love it if you did a toast to Joe and I this weekend!  We're actually off enjoying our 1 year anniversary a couple days early!  Can you believe how fast this year's been going?  I can't believe we've already been married a year.  The time just goes by so quickly.  Anyway, I hope you're having an amazing day, and I'll talk to you again, soon!

Comments

  1. I love the copper cups with the mule engraving, very cute. The history of this drink is very intriguing. Check out this Copper Moscow Mule Mug if you want to make one yourself at home,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment