Megan's White Russian

Whenever I think of White Russians, it never fails, I always think of: The Dude abides.  I'm pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about, but if you haven't, may I suggest making yourself a White Russian, whether it's this recipe or a traditional one, sit down, and watch The Big Lebowski.  It's a Coen Brothers movie, so it's a bit odd, but still worth a watch.  Even IMDb gives it an 8.2, and Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 80% rating, with a 94% audience rating.  But, I digress.  This is my version of a White Russian, which is pretty similar to a traditional one, except I like adding an almond flavor to everything.  So, I added a hint of Amaretto. :)


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 ounce Coffee flavored liquor - like Kahlua
  • 3 ounces Vodka
  • 1.5 ounces Amaretto
  • Almond Milk


Directions

There really isn't much to a cocktail in my book.  Obviously, if you spoke to a real bartender, they would probably tell you differently, but I'm a novice and just mix things to the point where I like the way they taste.


Having said that, I mix the liquors together over ice in a typical drinking glass first.  The ice I'm using was actually from a mold my sister-in-law gave me, and I love that it's just one big sphere, because it keeps your drink really cold, but doesn't water it down very quickly.  Plus, I think it looks cool.


Then, I top it off with some almond milk, and stir so everything is well incorporated.  Traditionally, you would use cream, but I find that to be a little too thick for my taste.  When I don't have almond milk, I will use regular milk, but regular milk isn't creamy enough.  Almond milk does the trick, though, and from my experience, can act as a substitute for cream in just about any drink.


I hope you guys have enjoyed this little cocktail recipe!  Oh, and as a bonus, you can try substituting half the vodka with Bailey's - that drink is heaven, but a little further away from your classic White Russian.  As always, let me know what you thought of this recipe, and also let me know if you've seen The Big Lebowski!  What did you think of it?  I'm curious!  Anyway, I'll talk to you again soon, and don't forget to follow this blog so you don't miss a single post!

Comments