Thursday, October 15, 2015

Maybelline FitMe Foundation

My Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation has started to run low, and while I love that foundation, and fully intend to purchase a replacement when it finally does run out, I thought that this might be an opportunity to try a drugstore foundation, and use the Chanel as more of a backup.  So, I picked up the Maybelline FitMe Dewy+Smooth Foundation in the shade Porcelain.  To start out with, I was actually quite impressed with their range of shades - I was actually torn between two different shades before finally settling on this one, which I think is a good match for my skin.  The other (Ivory) looked a little too pink for me.


Anyway, I decided to try the Dewy+Smooth finish out, because it claims to be for normal to dry skin, and if anything, my skin does tend to be a bit dry.  However, I do wish I would have picked up the Matte+Poreless finish for normal to oily skin instead, solely for the finish.  This one definitely does give you a dewy finish, and it really is a nice dewy finish.  It's just not something I typically go for, and I tend to use a matte powder to make it less shiny.  Obviously, this is my own fault, as it clearly states that it has a dewy finish.  As for it being for normal to dry skin, I'm not sure what they put in this thing, but it honestly feels like there's some moisturizer in this foundation, and the texture of it is phenomenal.


It does seem to hold pretty well to my face throughout the day, too, maybe disappearing a hair or two towards the end of the work day.  But, I'm not much of a party girl, and the rest of the day I'm typically found cuddling on the couch with my husband, watching TV.  So, I'm not really all that concerned about my makeup at that point.  As with most foundations, I think the packaging could be a bit better.  I mean, it looks nice, but being in a glass container, I can already tell it's going to be just about impossible to get all the product out, and I always love my pump dispensers.  I think this one is a good thickness for a pump, as well, so maybe that's something that will be added in at some point.


Overall, I actually do like this foundation, and I don't find the dewy finish to it that annoying, since it's easy enough to fix with powder, and it was my own fault for getting it anyway.  I do love the moisturizing feel it has, and it doesn't seem to oxidize on my skin, which is a big plus.  Let me know if you've tried this foundation, though!  I'd love to know your thoughts, and please let me know if you've tried the Matte+Poreless finish.  I'm so curious about that one, but I'm a little worried that since this one is so moisturizing, the other may be a bit drying...

No comments :

Post a Comment