Balsamic Vinegar Spinach Salad

So, I've been keeping something from those of you that haven't ever worked with me before.  Even though I'm not much of a cook, and I mention that every. single. time. I put up a recipe, I actually do make a salad of all things that people have come to expect from me whenever there's a potluck.  I've actually been asked for the recipe several times, and thought I'd finally just put it up here so that it's easy for not only you guys to find, but also for me (I actually have to hunt for this recipe every time I go to make it...).  Without further ado, here it is:


Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces of baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup diced red onion
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
  • juice from 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 2 fresh diced cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper



In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the veggies.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper to make a dressing.


Pour the dressing onto the salad, and mix together thoroughly.  Cover, and put in the refrigerator to let sit overnight or at least five hours to allow the dressing to soak into the veggies.


That's it!  It's such an amazing dish to bring to get togethers, because you can easily make it the night before and just grab it from the fridge on your way out the door.  It's also incredibly flavorful, so it's not your typical green salad!  I hope you guys have enjoyed this recipe, and let me know what you think in the comment section below.

Comments