Saturday, September 5, 2015

Vouge Knitting Scoop Neck Pullover

Are you ready for this?  The season for knitting has arrived in my neck of the internet, and I'm starting with a pattern from Vogue Knitting's Fall 2015 Magazine.  It's a slightly oversized sweater that is definitely going to be a staple in my closet this year!  There are just so many things you can do with these oversize sweaters!  Wear them with a pair of nice jeans, leggings (this one does cover your bum!), even a little black mini skirt and tights!  Plus, they're just so incredibly cozy, and I would love to curl up next to a fireplace in this guy and maybe read a book, watch a movie with the hubby, or something similar!


Along with the fact that I was looking for a nice, oversize sweater pattern, the other bit that drew me to this particular pattern were the large cables all over the front and back of it.  I love cabling, but hadn't tried something this big before.  Doing just one turn of these large cables actually takes a full six rows, and if you're thinking about doing this project, make sure to have a cable needle handy.  I never actually use one, so even when I have them around, they just kind of remain tucked away, but I could have used it on this!


For the most part, I stuck to the pattern pretty well - there is a typo in the main cabling chart, so watch out for that.  It starts out telling you the inside of half the large cables is seed stitched, but it's not.  It's supposed to be garter the whole way.  I did switch out the yarn for Yarn Bee's Baby Bee Sweet Delight in Toy Elephant, which is a super soft baby yarn that I've found myself reaching for a lot lately.  It's fairly inexpensive from Hobby Lobby, but incredibly soft and relatively matte compared to a lot of yarn I've worked with.


 I did lengthen the sleeves a bit - about two inches or so - simply because if you know me, you know there's nothing I like more in the fall and winter that some nice long sleeves!  Honestly, you can say goodbye to pretty much all my phalanges in the winter.  I don't know why I even bother with manicures and pedicures, all I do is cover them up!  The other nice thing about a slightly longer sleeve, though, is that if you decide that you don't want it hanging over your fingers, you can cuff them, and personally, I really like that look.


All in all, it's a very comfortable sweater, and if you're an avid knitter, I would definitely recommend checking it out!  With all the cabling, it did take a little longer, but wasn't incredibly difficult by any means.  Also, if you're a knitter, make sure to follow this blog!  I'm going to be putting up a pattern every week this month, or talking about a new knit project I've completed.  It's going to get intense, but will be so worth it when the weather turns!  If you're a little newer into knitting, make sure to check out my knitting playlist on my YouTube channel.  I've done a couple beginner projects there that teaches you the basics while making a scarf, hat, etc.  I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll come back for the next ones!

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete