Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Nexxus Therappe and Humectress Shampoo and Conditioner

Oh my goodness.  I've been wanting to try the Nexxus Therappe and Humectress shampoo and conditioner for quite a while now, so when my last shampoo and conditioner ran out, I finally took the plunge and picked up a couple of bottles.  Now, I've gotten nicer deep conditioners and such, but most of my shampoo and conditioner has fallen more around the $3-5 range.  So, being that this shampoo runs around $11 and the conditioner even more, it was definitely odd spending that much.


However, right from the get go, I could tell how much smoother and softer my hair felt, to the point where I figured that if I added a leave-in conditioner to the mix, it would be overkill.  Which, was a good thing, because my Toni & Guy Leave In Conditioner had just run out, I hadn't found a replacement for it, and didn't want to repurchase it because of issues with the ingredients.  Now, rather than get a new one, I'm just skipping the step entirely, and my hair really doesn't seem to have any qualms about it.


Diving a little deeper into each of the products themselves, I really don't have much to say about the shampoo other than it works into what I feel is a nice, luxurious lather, though I've read reviews that complain that it doesn't lather very well, so I'm not sure if that's just a difference of opinion, or what it going on there.  It also has a very sweet, sugary coconut scent that can either smell really nice or I imagine it could be way too sweet, once again depending on your preferences.  Personally, I really like it, but it is definitely strong.  The last thing I wanted to mention about the shampoo was that several people that have reviewed this product also felt that it was incredibly drying on their hair.  I've only tried these as a set, so I haven't noticed this quite as much, but it does definitely remove any product build-up from my hair, so there may be some truth to that if you're just using the shampoo on its own.


As for the conditioner, that's my favorite part of the set.  It also has a fairly sugary scent, but I can't quite place it exactly - maybe a cherry almond?  Either way, I love it, but I could see where it may be off-putting to some.  Also, because it is quite hydrating, it can build up in your hair, making it look/feel a bit greasy.  But, this seems to be common for a lot of conditioners, so once again, I do not find this to be a deal breaker.  It tames my frizzy hair, and from everything I've read, it seems to work on many, many different hair types.


Personally, I love this little shampoo and conditioner set, even if they cost a bit more than I'm used to.  Are they my holy grail?  I don't know.  I think I'll have to try some other shampoos and conditioners before I make that decision, but I would definitely recommend trying them out, particularly if you've gone the deep conditioner and leave in conditioner route, and want to try and simplify your routine a little.  However, I would also suggest smelling each of them before making a final decision, as they are very sugary smelling.  If you've tried this shampoo and conditioner before, please let me know what you thought in the comment section below, whether good, bad or indifferent!  I'd love to know your opinions!

No comments :

Post a Comment