Thursday, September 24, 2015

Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer

I've recently run out of my Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which means I had to try another!  I did end up liking the Hourglass one in the end, but to be completely honest, I personally like this one a bit better.  I've mentioned previously that I'm not the biggest fan of runnier primers, which is completely my own preference, and had even said I was planning on picking up a gel primer, which I thought I'd liked better.  Well, then I saw the Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, and decided to try it out.


This one is that happy medium between gel and liquid, and I've really been enjoying it.  It's a little stickier, which helps makeup stay on your face a bit better, and is easier to apply in general.  Applying it almost gives your face a light, breathable silicone-feeling mask, which may be a turn on or off for you, and I will say that if you're main focus is to even out your skin's texture, this may be a tough product to use. It is a very light layer, and while you could definitely build it up, I'm just not patient enough for that.  Plus, when it's just a few dry patches I'm dealing with, it's not as big a deal.


As the name implies, it is enriched with concentrated coconut extracts, which is supposed to form "a natural, vitamin-rich barrier between your skin and makeup.  The coconut water - derived from polysaccharide complex mirrors the effect of synthetic priming ingredients, allowing your skin to breathe without compromising the skin-perfecting benefits." (Sephora).  It also has a slight, slight coconut scent thanks to these extracts.  It is by no means an overpowering scent, and I actually would have preferred to smell it a bit more.  But, I imagine it appeals to more people the less scent it has, so I can't hold that against this product.


As for the staying power, I would say that this does a wonderful job of keeping my face makeup in place all day, regardless of how much I'm running around or how hot it is outside.  Keep in mind that I live do live in a cooler climate, so I can't say much to how it holds up in 90°F weather, but 75°F or so works wonderfully!


Well, thanks to this primer, I may be rethinking my opinions on gel vs. liquid primers.  Oh, and I should mention, in my Birthday Sephora Haul, where I first showed this product, I think I mentioned that I thought it was a limited edition product.  Well, having looked it up again, I don't see anything on the Sephora site that would lead me to believe that is the case.  So, just in case you've been waiting to hear what I thought before running out and getting this before it's gone, don't worry!  It'll probably be there for a while, yet. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment