Tuesday, September 15, 2015

LaVanila Healthy Deodorant

I've used the Secret Scent Expressions deodorant for the longest time, but then I heard about the LaVanila Healthy Deodorant, and thought I'd give it a try.  As I'm sure you can guess from the name of this product, it is a natural deodorant.  It doesn't have aluminum or parabens, and claims to be a natural deodorant that actually works.  So, does it?


Well, I had to give this deodorant a little bit of wiggle room at the very beginning, because my old deodorant was also technically an antiperspirant, and I've heard from several different people that there's a bit of a transition period between switching from one of those to a natural deodorant.  Essentially, your body has to readjust itself from what I understand, and you can end up a little stinky under there until that adjustment happens.  Since I didn't want to smell, all I did was reapply it a few times throughout the day, and was a little more insecure about the way I smelled.  But, I didn't get any complaints, nor did I notice anyone moving away from me, so, take that as you will.


Now, my body has gotten used to these a bit more, and I think I can give you a better review of them.  So, one I really like, and the other I'm kind of 'meh' about.  The first, the one that I really like, is the Vanilla Lavender one.  Personally, I absolutely love lavender.  I diffuse it, use it in my laundry detergent, on my dryer balls, use lavender lip balm - I just think it's a really nice, relaxing scent, and it's a nice, natural fragrance that just smells pretty.  But, I will say that I can't really smell any of the vanilla in it.  I guess that's not completely surprising, since lavender does seem to overpower any other scent it's paired with, and certainly isn't a deal breaker for me.  Plus, the scent does last pretty much all day.  I do find that I like to reapply it at least once a day, but it's probably not necessary.


The other scent that I picked up is the Vanilla Coconut, and I'm not sure if I maybe got a deffective one, but it does not smell like vanilla or coconut to me at all.  In fact, it smells a little like Pepto Bismol.  I really just don't like it at all.  It is better when I'm wearing it, but certainly not my cup of tea.  Like I said, maybe I just got a bad one.  I haven't tried them enough to really know better, and if you've tried them, please let me know what you thought in the comment section!  I really don't like to give something a bad review, but you know, sometimes it happens.


That being said, I really do like the lavender vanilla one.  I'm not convinced that it's the best natural deodorant ever, but it'll do for now.  I am already eyeing up a particular natural brand that has been experimenting with essential oil deodorants, but as far as I know, they haven't released it to the public.  I'll do some digging around, and if that comes to fruition, you can count on a review of that one for certain!  Until then, I'd love to hear your opinions on this deodorant as well.  Let me know what you think of it in the comment section, or let me know what other natural deodorants I should try out!

No comments :

Post a Comment