Trisha Yearwood Precious Metals Cookware

It's times like these where I can tell that I've crossed over into adulthood.  Joe and I recently got a new set of pots and pans, and I'm so incredibly excited about them!  Honestly, I'm not much of a cook, but I've really been enjoying it more now that I have something new to play with.  Plus, our old pots and pans have essentially been with us since the beginning of college - and were fairly inexpensive - so a lot of them had started warping and what not, making it much harder to cook.


So the set that we ended up getting was the Trisha Yearwood Precious Metals Cookware in Copper, and I found them on Amazon.  I wasn't super excited about having Trisha Yearwood's name on them, since it seems kind of gimmicky (for those of you who don't know, Trisha Yearwood is a country singer, probably best known for 'She's in Love with the Boy').  But, I knew I wanted a copper set, and this was the prettiest one I could find that wasn't $1,000+.  Like I said, we don't get extravagant in our cooking, so there's no reason for us to spend a crazy amount on them.


The set comes with a small and medium sized saucepan with lids, a small and medium frying pan, a soup pot with a lid, and a deep skillet pan with a lid, making it a 10-piece set, all of which are non-stick.  Speaking of which, I have to tell you just a quick little story about the first time I used one of these pans!  I was making the stir fry that you see in the photo above, and was cooking the chicken.  I went to stir it a little, having been used to my regular pans that stuck like crazy, so I gave it a little stronger of a nudge than I needed to, and the chicken almost flew out of the skillet, it was so slippery!  As I said, our old pans stuck a little, so I can't really say too much about the non-stick element of these, but they sure seem to do the trick for me!


They are technically dishwasher safe, but it is recommended that you hand wash them to help make them last longer, which is what I've been doing.  Because they're non-stick, though, it hasn't been too difficult to wash them by hand, and clean up is pretty quick.  I suppose there isn't a ton to say about pots and pans, or at least I can't say much, as I consider myself very much a novice, but they really do seem to work well, and I love how they look.  The 10-piece set is really all we need, which frees up space in our cabinets, and I must say the area we keep these is looking pretty snazzy.  My favorite of these is definitely the deep skillet, but that could be for two reasons: 1) I've never had one before and; 2) It's amazing for stir fry, which we have a lot.


All in all, I've really been enjoying these, and would love to use them a bit more, but we've actually not been home much recently for dinner.  Not that I'd trade what we were doing to play with these more - we've been spending a lot more time with my parents, Joe's parents, and our friends, which is always time well spent.  Anyway, I should probably get going, but I would love to know what your opinions are on this set, and if you have more knowledge about this than I do (it doesn't take much!), please let me know what pots and pans and such you like, and what kinds of things you look at when thinking about purchasing new cookware!

Comments