Sparkling Vodka Lemonade with Mint

I love vodka lemonades.  But, I'm not sure if I've actually talked about them with you guys before.  I almost think it's been one of those things that is just so engrained into my summer life that I may hint at vodka lemonades, or say that I like making them, but I've never shared how I make them with you.  That all changes today, though, because I've been experimenting with my vodka lemonade recently, and have figured out how to make them absolutely incredible.  Obviously, you can follow the 'mix 1 shot vodka with a glass of lemonade' and have your basic drink, but if you want something a little fancier, read on.


For my vodka lemonades, I like to use just plain old powdered lemonade, though fresh does taste better, and it's better for you.  For my vodka, I'm honestly not that picky, but my husband does something kind of cool with the Grey Goose bottles that we'll be sharing with you at a later time.  Trust me, the more expensive vodka in this case is totally worth it.  I also like to have a bottle of carbonated water (I used our SodaStream), and some fresh mint (from our hydroponics garden) to spice my lemonades up.  If you really want to go all out, grab some maraschino cherries, too.  You'd be surprised how well they go with the rest of the ingredients!


Now that you know all the ingredients I use, you can probably figure out how to do all this yourself, but just for fun, I'm going to go through the process anyway.  So, in a drinking glass, pour 1 shot of vodka, then add 2 spoonfuls or lemonade, or to taste.  Fill the glass with cold, carbonated water (you can add ice if you'd like!) and stir to make a classic, sparkling vodka lemonade.


To spice things up a bit, though, bruise a few mint leaves and add those to the lemonade.  Bruising is a necessity to release the flavor.  If you skip this step, your lemonade won't have the same minty taste and the leaves will just float on the surface doing very little.  Finally, if you're brave, try garnishing with 1-2 maraschino cherries.  You'd be surprised how well everything goes together.


So, that's it.  That's all there is to making my favorite vodka lemonades.  I know it's not the most intense recipe you've ever come across, but they really are a summer staple of mine, and even more so since I've discovered how to jazz them up a little.  They really are a wonderfully refreshing drink!  I'd love to know what your favorite cocktails are for the summer, though, so please let me know in the comment section below!  Also, if you are interested in other cocktail recipes, check out the links below!

Rhubarb Mojito
Mulled Wine
Fizzy Dreamsicle Cocktail
Pink Elephant Cocktail
Spiced Apple Toddy

Comments