Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Our Lasagna Recipe

I think every time I put up a recipe I'll have to start out with this warning: I do not consider myself much of a cook!  However, every once in a while, we'll figure out how to make a meal that we really enjoy, and then I'll share it with you!  So, you can rest assured that as long as I don't get more confident in this department (it's highly unlikely), these recipes will be pretty easy.  This one actually goes back to when Joe and I first started dating, and we decided to try and make lasagna without any instructions - it actually turned out back then, and it still works, now so I thought I'd share!


Ingredients:
  • Uncooked lasagna noodles (I used about 12)
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
  • 12 oz. Classico Tomato & Basil Spaghetti Sauce
  • 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
  • Mozzarella (about 3 handfulls)
  • Basil for garnish

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350° F.  Boil the lasagna noodles until they are soft.


While the lasagna noodles are boiling, crumble and brown the beef.


Once the beef has completely browned, add in the spaghetti sauce.


Layer the lasagna in a pan by creating a layer of noodles, then adding a layer of ground beef, then add the ricotta cheese.  Repeat this layering pattern, finishing with a layer of noodles.  Then, cover the top with mozzarella cheese.  I never actually measure this out, but it usually works out to be about three handfulls.  I also sprinkled on some fresh Basil, then bake until the cheese has turned a golden brown - about 20 to 30 minutes.


Garnish with a bit more fresh Basil if you like that extra little bite (we love Basil in our house), and that's it!  


I love making meals like this, because not only does it taste amazing, you also have food for later in the week, as well!  It certainly makes my life easier when I get off work and get to just relax rather than start dinner right away!  If you guys enjoy these little recipe posts, please let me know by commenting down below, and also let me know what your favorite meals are!  I'd love to try out some new recipes. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment