Neutral Metallic Manicure

I have tried to get into nail art in the past, and it's just not my thing (if you're interested in legit nail art, check out my friend Sara's YouTube channel - she's amazing!).  However, I absolutely love nail polish, and every once in a while I'll do something pretty basic that I think is really pretty, and want to share it with you!  So, that's what's going on today.  I've been wearing a kind of fun, neutral nail look using some of my all time favorite nail polishes, and wanted to break it down for you.


So, I used three different colors.  Two from OPI and a third from Strange Beautiful.  Honestly, all three colors would have been from OPI, but the only gold color I have in my collection at the moment is the one from Strange Beautiful, which I received in a Boxycharm box a while ago.  I would have preferred to use OPI's Glitzerland, since that's my absolute favorite gold nail polish, but Cricket broke it, and this one's really pretty, too (I even wore it for my engagement pictures!).  I think this must have been kind of a Boxycharm exclusive, since that's the only place I've actually found where you can get this polish.  If you're interested in it, you can check the link here.  Anyway, I used this as an accent color on both ring fingers.


Then, I grabbed out my Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh, which I think I've talked about before, but I'm not sure where.  It is honestly one of my favorite tan neutrals, and if I want something just nice and subtle, this is my go-to.  I will admit that I picked this up because I love VanGogh the painter, but the color is awesome, too.  I put this on my pointer finger and pinky.


Finally, I used OPI's Tickle My France-y, which I know I've talked about on this blog before, and put this on my thumb and middle finger just for a hint of color.  I say hint, because this is kind of a pinky-purple-greige sort of shade that's still a light enough shade to be mistaken for tan at first glance.  I absolutely love the versatility of this polish, and I imagine just the fact that this is my second bottle of this polish speaks volumes for how much I like it!


So, that's my current manicure!  It's incredibly subtle at first, but then as you look at it, it starts to have a bit more depth while still looking polished and put together.  Personally, I really like it, and I hope you do, too, even if it doesn't have all sorts of fun things going on!


If you've been rocking any fun manicures - even simple ones like this - I'd love to see them!  Make sure to send me pictures on Instagram or Twitter!  I love seeing and hearing from you guys. :)  Also, if you haven't already, make sure to follow this blog!  I put up new posts every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, so you won't want to miss a single one.  If you're interested, I also have a YouTube channel that I post to on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so you can hear from me pretty much every day!  Anyway, I hope you're having an amazing day, and I'll talk to you again, soon!

Comments