Minnetonka Moccasins

I've been tempted by Minnetonka Mocassins for years, but not only because they're based out of Minnesota, and I'm sure you've noticed by now how much I like to support Minnesota businesses!  I've also heard a lot of good things about them, including that they're incredibly comfortable.  So, when the matte black Tieks I've been wearing for over a year wore out (and by wear out, I mean when I was wearing them, you could see my pedicure!), I thought I'd try these out.  


The ones I picked out are the Deerskin Beaded Mocs in Black, and I love how they look!  I was incredibly tempted to get them in white, but let's just be honest: I'm too clumsy for that.  So, I stuck with black, and that was a wonderful decision.  The black already goes with almost everything I wear, but then the gorgeous tawny gold beading on the toe pulls in just enough brown that I feel like I can wear them with pretty much anything.  Plus, with a $55.95 price tag, they're a tad bit more reasonable than my Tieks were, as well.


I love that all of these moccasins are also hand-crafted, because that honestly makes me appreciate how much detail is in this shoe even more.  From the beading, to the awesome toe seaming - seriously, I know this is small, but how cool does it look?! - even the decorative zig-zag on the sides.  All of it makes for a beautiful shoe that is perfect for a casual, everyday outfit.  I'll admit that maybe it wouldn't be appropriate for a dressier occasion, but my family and I are pretty laid back, so I don't need to worry about that.


 I'm sure by now you're all screaming at your computers, 'Yes, I get it, you think they're beautiful, but you mentioned that they were supposed to be comfortable - are they?!'.  Well, I was just getting to that.  Hold your horses.  Yes, they are!  When you're walking in these, it almost feels like you're wearing two puffy clouds on your feet, which I don't understand.  As I'm sure you can see from the picture below, they don't look puffy, and the material used is quite thin.  But, they really are incredibly comfortable, and I love them.


I have been told that you should order a size smaller than you usually wear, because they seem to have a tendency to get looser over time, but I can't really attest to that, since I've only worn them for about a week so far.  I did actually get the same size I usually do, which I think will be alright, especially I'm quite certain that the bows on these aren't just for decoration.  That particular string actually winds around the entire shoe, so I'd imagine that if they felt a bit loose, which they don't, I can just cinch them up a bit that way.

As always, I would love to hear your opinions!  Let me know what you think of these particular shoes, if you've tried Minnetonka Moccasins before, what your favorite shoe brands are - anything you want to tell me, let me know in the comment section below!  I hope you're having an amazing day, and I'll talk to you again, soon!

Comments