Thursday, August 27, 2015

L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1

So, I know I've been talking a lot about downsizing in terms of the amount of "things" I have in my home, so a sneaky little eyeshadow purchase that I don't technically really need sounds a bit hypocritical.  I agree.  However, I am also going to justify it by saying that I've been feeling kind of bad about essentially only wearing my eyeshadows from the MAC Cinderella collection, and this palette caught my eye when I was out shopping recently.


L'Oreal has released two of these La Palettes, Nude 1 and Nude 2 (does anyone else think of Dr. Seuss when they read that sentence?), and they are very similar to Urban Decay's Naked 1 & 2.  Obviously, being a drugstore brand, this palette is much more affordable, retailing for about $15 at Target, but I don't really think the quality of the shadows is much different.  They are still fairly pigmented and glide on very nicely, though they maybe don't have as much staying power as the Urban Decay ones.  To their benefit, though, this palette has a lot more matte colors than the Urban Decay, which is a definite plus in my book.


Also, this may just be me, but I really like the packaging of this palette more than essentially every other dupe for the Naked palettes that I've seen.  I know, it's a silly reason to get excited about a product, but let's just be honest here: it's nice to have something you enjoy looking at sitting on your vanity as opposed to a palette that you aren't drawn to.  It's just nice and sleek, you can easily see what the colors are inside, there's a decent mirror - I'm really quite impressed!  It did also come with an eyeshadow brush, but I never really use those brushes, so I can't say much to that.  It does look better than a lot of the little stock brushes I've encountered, though.


I also appreciate the fact that on the back of the packaging, there are four makeup look ideas to try out.  I by no means consider myself a makeup artist - more of an enthusiast - so these guidelines are always incredibly appealing to me.  In fact, back when I was first getting into all of this, I almost exclusively purchased Too Faced eyeshadow palettes, for the sole reason that they told you how to apply the shadows.  Maybe that's just me, though! ;)


Speaking of liking to follow the guides, I did want to include a picture of one of the looks in this post so you can get an idea of what they look like on the eye itself!  The look below is the Sultry Angel look, and I did use my Elf Liquid Eyeliner and Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara to finish the eyes off.  I really like it, and I'll probably have to feature this palette in a video, soon, so make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you haven't already, and keep an eye out for that!


If you've tried this palette or the Nude 2, please let me know what you thought of them in the comment section below!  I was so tempted to get both, so I'd love your feedback.  Are there any Urban Decay dupes that you really like?  Tell me anything!  I'd love to chat with you guys.  Also, make sure to pop back on Saturday for a new post!

No comments :

Post a Comment