Early Birthday Present!

So, my birthday is in just over a week (September 4th), and my sweet mother-in-law and her husband not only got me an absolutely wonderful gift that I wanted to share with you, but also gave it to me early so I could enjoy it immediately!  Now, I know you guys know that I'm a bit tea obsessed, but I would venture a guess that they know the full extent of that love of tea, since the whole gift revolved around it!


Almost everything is from the Spice & Tea Co. located in Stillwater, Minnesota.  They gave me a Guayusa Organic Spiced tea consisting of Amazon guayusa, cinnamon, and lemongrass that is supposed to essentially wake you up even more than your morning coffee and tastes amazing - like a citrus herbal tea.  They also gave me an Organic Apricot Ginger Peach with black tea, apricot, ginger, and peach pieces and an Organic Pomegranate with white tea, pomegranate fruit, safflowers, and pomegranate flavor!  I'll keep you updated on these two as I haven't tried them, yet - probably on Instagram or Twitter.


Also included was a package of Maple Sugar made from pure Wisconsin maple syrup that is supposed to be twice as sweet as cane sugar that has a taste of deep rich maple with undertones of brown sugar.  I haven't tried this yet, either, but it smells absolutely amazing, and I've been told it tastes really good on baked bananas, which makes my mouth water just thinking about it!


The last item may confuse some of you.  It's chaga tea that my mother-in-law and her husband (along with one of my sisters-in-law, I believe!) actually went out and found in the woods and had processed!  For those of you wondering, chaga is a parasitic fungus that is fairly common on birch trees, but can also be found on other trees, as well.  It looks like burnt charcoal, and is used as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and has a few other medicinal properties, as well.  You can read about it more here or you can do your own research, as well!


I absolutely love everything that they gave me, and can't wait to try it all out!  I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, but please let me know what you think in the comment section.  I don't usually share what people have given me, so I'm curious to see what your opinions are.  I'm certainly not trying to brag about what I've gotten, but I do have to brag about my family a little bit, and thought you tea-aholics might enjoy it, too!

Comments

Post a Comment