Thursday, July 23, 2015

Vogue Knitting Dolman Pullover

So, I know you guys like it when I show you what sweaters I've been knitting, and I have to admit, I enjoy sharing them, too!  So, I'm warning you now: we may have gone a little overboard on the pictures.  Oh, well.  I really wanted you to get a good look at this sweater, though, because tomorrow I'm actually going to give you non-knitters a chance to have one of these for your own!  I'll be selling two of these same sweaters: one pink and one dark purple on my Etsy store, so make sure to follow my Instagram account!  I'll let you know when they go live there!


Now, let's talk about this sweater: the more I wear it, the more I love it.  Personally, I've been really into Dolman sweaters recently - I just think they're incredibly comfortable, but a lot of them aren't exactly suited for summer.  However, this Dolman Pullover by Vogue Knitting is perfect for just about any kind of weather.  I actually followed the instructions pretty much exactly this time as far as needles and such go, only switching out the yarn I used.  This yarn is from Yarn Bee and it is their Baby Bee Sweet Delight Pomp in Naked - quite the mouthful, huh?


While I think it is the perfect, casual, day at the beach style top that keeps you warm but not too warm, I also think that it can easily transition into fall and winter looks as well, depending on how you dress it.  I can so see myself pairing this with a pair of leggings and booties for a fun fall look, or even with a scarf, skinny jeans, and boots for winter.  Obviously we don't need to think about winter quite yet, but I admit my mind has wandered a bit to the beginning of October when things calm down in my little tourist town (not to mention Joe and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary then, too!).

Preparing to sneak up on some seagulls.

Now, I want to keep talking about this sweater, but I do feel that I need to explain these next couple photos, especially since I don't know that this side of me really comes through on any of my social media, but it's probably something you should know - I really like animals, and I can't say I'm particularly afraid of them as long as they have two to four legs - this may be evident from my Instagram feed.  However, I also often get the urge to chase after birds, particularly if they're in a flock.  I'm not sure why, I never try and catch them or anything.  I just like chasing them.  Which, is what my dear husband captured, and I just thought it was too funny not to share.

The chase!

Okay, back to the sweater.  Since I know some of you knit, I did want to talk a little bit about the process itself.  This claims to be an intermediate project, and while there are a lot of increases and decreases that can get kind of confusing, most of this is in a simple stockinette stitch, making it pretty quick and painless to work up.  I didn't really think any of it was particularly difficult until it came to the edging.  The border really confused me for a while, particularly the second row (if you make it yourself, you'll see what I mean!).  But, as long as you just take it stitch by stitch, you should be fine, and once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

Defeated.

Finally, I'm not sure if you're curious or not, but as for the rest of my outfit, my shorts are from J. Crew and I absolutely love them, and my sandals are from Target.  I like to keep things pretty simple in the summer, especially since we don't have the best air conditioning system in the world.  My summer uniform is typically shorts or a skirt matched with a fun top.


I really hope you guys have enjoyed this post, especially since I had a ton of fun writing it.  Make sure to follow me on Instagram if you are interested in those other sweaters!  They've both been hand knit by me, so if you do get your hands on one of them, we'll essentially be twinsies!  Or, if you make one yourself, let me know by uploading a picture of you wearing it, and tag me!  I always love seeing your creations!  Last but not least, make sure to follow this blog and come back on Saturday for another post.  I've been doing well sticking to this Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule, but I'll need your encouragement to keep going.  Talk to you soon!

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete