Rhubarb Mojito Recipe

I think it was last summer that Emily, whom most of you know from my vlogs, and I discovered the Rhubarb Mojito recipe from Not Without Salt, so I'm not sure why it took me so long to share that this recipe is in existence with you guys.  There is always so much rhubarb readily available to us around here, and it's definitely one of nature's candies - I love it!  So, a rhubarb mojito seems like a natural decision.  I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I have!


Rhubarb Mojito
  • 1 oz. white rum
  • 2 oz. rhubarb syrup (see below)
  • 5 (or so) mint leaves
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • lime zest
  • nutmeg
In the bottom of a glass, add a bit of nutmeg, lime zest, mint leaves, and the lime juice.  Using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, muddle the ingredients.  You want to really bruise and break up the mint leaves.  Add the rum and syrup, give a light stir, then top with ice.  Garnish with mint and a thin slice of rhubarb.


Rhubarb Syrup
  • 8 oz. chopped rhubarb (2-3 small stalks)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 vanilla bean (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a small pot.  Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.  Simmer for 5-7 minutes.  Let cool completely.  Strain the ingredients.  Reserve the rhubarb to top yogurt, ice cream, or oatmeal.  The syrup will keep covered in the fridge for two weeks.


Let me know what you think of this recipe, and make sure to stop over at Not Without Salt to let Ashley know how amazing her cocktail recipe is!  She has some amazing recipes, and a beautiful blog!  Make sure to drink responsibly, and don't drink if you're underage!

*All photos are my own

Comments