Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

Up until recently, I've really only tried two eye primers: the Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  So, when it was time to get a replacement, I decided to step out of my comfort zone a bit, and try something new.  I decided to try the Nars Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base.  Now, I do have a couple critiques, but overall, I really do love this product.


To begin with, it does what it's supposed to as an eye primer, and keeps my eyeshadows where I've put them all day without creasing, smearing, or, as the name implies, smudging.  Really, that's the most important part to me, along with the fact that it's very easy to apply.  I do also love the packaging of this primer as compared to the others I've used.  It's very sleek, has a kind of minimalistic feel to it, and just looks somewhat elegant.


However, this is where I do need to do a bit of critiquing.  I truly think that this product should be packaged completely in black with white writing, just like most of the other makeup products, because it has a tendency to get dirty very quickly.  Now, I have noticed that most of their skincare items are packaged this way too, but the focus with skincare is to keep your skin clean, not add color.  So, I imagine the white packaging on their skincare items isn't quite as irritating.  Though, I've never tried their skincare, so I can't make any guarantees.  If you have, please let me know in the comment section!


Another aspect that I think could be better is the doe foot applicator.  Personally, I like using it - it rations out the product quite nicely, looks very sophisticated, but the issue I have is that there is no way I'll be able to use all the product that's in the container.  It's the exact same problem just about any product with a doe foot applicator has, and I suppose at that point, you just need to decide what's more important.  As I said, I actually quite like it (I have a bit of a heavy hand otherwise...), but it is an issue I wanted to point out to you guys just in case you are thinking about purchasing it.


As I said earlier, I really like this eye primer.  Really, the only issue I have with it is the white packaging gets dirty so quickly.  I can't say that this is my one and only eye primer forever and ever, though, so if you have any ideas as to other eye primers I should try out, please let me know in the comment section below!  I always love hearing your ideas!

Comments