My Target Bikinis

Doesn't it seem like summer is just flying by?  Personally, I am more of a fall/winter girl myself, but I can't help but love the summer weather, and the lake time that comes with it!  Being from Minnesota, I do have kind of a plethora of beaches to choose from, and even though I spent a lot more time on the lake when I was in high school, I still enjoy it now and then.  So, since I've already shown you what's in my beach bag this year, it seemed natural to show you the bikinis I've been wearing, as well!


All of my bathing suits are - and pretty much have been - from Target.  Granted, I was a swimmer back when I was in school, so I had some fancier one piece swimsuits (in my mind, there's a difference!), but for the most part, I've liked to keep things fairly basic over the years.  The first one I wanted to talk about I actually picked up last year, but I have seen it this year, as well.  It's a Tiffany blue bikini from Xhilaration that has a bandeau top with a floral, almost doily-like laser cut overlay.  I'm going to take a guess that if you've been following me for a while, you've seen this bikini.  It was with me last summer, came with on our cruise back in January, and is still with me now!


So, since I loved this bikini so much, I'm sure it won't come as a surprise that I kind of stuck with the same theme in choosing a couple more bikinis this year.  The next one I wanted to show you is also from Xhilaration, and is this beautiful, light rose color.  It's more of a typical bikini, but it does cross in the back, which I think is a cool detail, and has a gorgeous rose laser-cut overlay.  I've really been drawn to this laser-cut overlay stuff!  Now, to be perfectly honest, this isn't amazing for my skin tone (pale as a ghost), but I'm pretty sure I'd gotten this right after seeing the new Cinderella movie, and finding out about the new Beauty and the Beast movie...and this reminds me of Beauty and the Beast a lot.  So, even if it doesn't technically work for me, I still feel like a princess when I wear it!


Finally, I have another bandeau halter bikini, this time from Mossimo with that same laser cut overlay!  Hey, if it works, you work it hard, right?  This one, like the first Tiffany blue one, does have a removable halter strap, but I like to just keep the straps on at all times.  Sure, it may look nice to go strapless, but in this realm, I'm more about function, and I don't want to worry about it falling down.  The overlay on this one is a bit more simple than the other bathing suits, in that it just has a little cut out detail along the edge in a pretty, almost understated chevron print that makes it look a little more jungle-like.  Definitely the dressiest of the three, if you can call a bikini dressy!


So, those are my swimsuits!  I'd love to hear about yours, though, so make sure to let me know where you like to pick yours up, what details you love in a bathing suit, or even just what you like to do at the beach, lakeside, poolside, wherever you can find water!  I love hearing from you guys!  Also, if you haven't already, make sure to follow this blog so you don't miss a single post!  I try to post something new every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, so there's something new going up all the time.  Until next time, though, I hope you all are having an amazing day!

Comments