Independence Day Manicure

I think it was about a year and a half ago or so, I tried the Impress Press On Manicures, but then just sort of forgot about them.  However, I recently rediscovered them once I saw that they'd added a gel shine to some of them, and included some little rhinestone stickers.  I've already gotten so many comments about them, and they're really a nice stress-free sort of manicure.


Then, when I found a nice, plain French manicure set with little star stickers, I knew I had to wear them for the 4th of July.  I just think they're a nice way to get into the spirit of the holiday without being too in-your face.  Plus, some of you may know that I've been toying with different aspects of minimalism, and trying to maintain a capsule wardrobe.  I've noticed that it's been a little more difficult to celebrate holidays while maintaining this lifestyle, but by incorporating festive accessories (like the red, white, and blue scarf in the photos) and some fun nails, I still feel like I'm getting in the spirit of things.


I'm honestly really happy with these nails, and although my first review of them was a little more on the 'meh' side, the gel shine ones have really been working well for me, and they just seem to work a little better than before in general.  I do have to say that the stickers don't last an entire week like the nails do, but that could easily just be my lifestyle, as well.  I can't say that I'm particularly careful with my hands...


Anyway, I hope you guys have enjoyed this little peek as to what nails I'll be wearing to celebrate the 4th of July, and if you'll be sporting a fun manicure, please send me pictures!  I'm not amazing at nail art, and it's been ages since I've even done a nail post on this blog, but I love looking at it.  I hope you guys are having an incredible day and that you'll have an amazing Independence Day if you live in the United States.

Also, make sure to stop back on the 4th of July for a fun new post on this blog!  I'm really excited to share a patriotic snack with you that's actually quite healthy, as well.  Make sure to follow this blog so you don't miss it, and I'll talk to you later!

Comments