Healthy Bomb Pops

Is there anything better than a good bomb pop to celebrate Independence Day and just summer in general?  I think not.  However, as I'm running my first 5K in years today (my dad is a runner, and thus I've run several throughout my life - nabd), I thought it might be good to opt for something a little healthier this 4th of July.  So, I'm making some bomb pops with a healthy twist!  It's a frozen smoothie the whole way through!  The red is strawberry, white is banana, and blue is blueberries.  I really like them, and I hope you do, too!


Ingredients
  • 1 cup strawberries (about 8 medium strawberries)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup blueberries


I like to stick with the typical bomb pop appearance, which means I want the red at the very tip.  So, I'm going to blend my strawberries, and pour them into the popsicle mold about a third full.  Then, before I start in on the banana, I'm going to let it freeze a little so the colors don't mix together.  This is very important to get that nice, crisp line.


Once the first layer is frozen, blend the banana.  Sometimes the banana can be a bit difficult and try to settle at the bottom, but just add a bit of water, and it should be fine.  Once again, fill the mold another third full, so the mold is 2/3 of the way full, and freeze.


Finally, add the blueberries the exact same way that you've added the other fruit, and make sure everything is well frozen before eating.  There you go!  I nice, healthy, patriotic treat that you don't have to worry about indulging in!  I hope you guys have enjoyed this little recipe as much as I have, and if you try this yourself, please let me know what you thought, and send me pictures of your creations!  I'd love to see them!  Happy Independence Day, and I'll talk to you next Tuesday!

Comments