Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation

I've thought about trying the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation for such a long time, but there were a couple things that stopped me.  1) The price.  Honestly, this retails for $47, so it shouldn't have affected me as much as it did when the last foundation I used was also in the $40 range (Laura Mercier Silk Creme).  Still slightly ridiculous, I know, but I had kind of set a precedence for myself. 


2) The counter.  Maybe this will surprise you, maybe it won't, but the makeup counter is an incredibly scary place for me.  I get really anxious when I have to speak to someone new just in general, even if I know I will likely never see that person again.  Thankfully, when I did finally go pick this up, the fellow that helped me was really, very nice.


Let's be honest, though.  You're not here to read about my social anxieties.  You're curious as to what I thought about this particular foundation.  In short: I love it.  This is a lighter coverage foundation that still feels like a foundation, and not a BB or CC cream.  This is perfect for my dry skin, because while I don't really have many blemishes to cover up, I do still want a bit of correction, and this works really well for that.  I really wouldn't recommend it to someone that does suffer from acne, though, as it doesn't seem to cover that as much.


The other thing I like about this foundation is that although it does tend to be on the runnier side, it's not purely liquid like the YSL Touche Eclat that I've also used in the past.  It also dries like a powder would, which makes it feel nice and light on the skin.  I really do like the finish it gives me.  Finally, I think I've mentioned this before, but I really don't have much trouble finding the right foundation shade for me.  I am so incredibly fair that all I need to do is pick the lightest yellow-based shade in the range.  In this case, that shade is Beige.  I love it.  It's perfect, and as long as I don't have a tan, I will definitely continue using it!


I'm honestly so glad that I decided to finally try this foundation out.  I'd been using the Laura Mercier Silk Creme for such a long time, which I think was a bit heavier than my skin in particular needed.  So, if you have drier skin like I do, I would recommend giving this foundation a shot!

I'd also love to know what foundations you guys have been trying and loving, though!  Please leave me a comment letting me know what your favorites are so I can keep my eyes peeled!  Also, make sure to follow this blog so that you know when they next post goes live on this blog.  I'll talk to you again soon!

Comments