Thursday, June 4, 2015

Laura Geller Luscious Lips Lipstick & Baked Body Frosting

I recently had the opportunity to try a couple of makeup products from Laura Geller, and decided that I liked them enough that I wanted to talk about them!  This was actually the first time that I've tried anything from Laura Geller, and I must say, I'm quite impressed!


I want to first talk about the Luscious Lips Lipstick that I was sent in Cherry Sorbet.  This has the feel of a gloss when you put it on, but it's incredibly opaque.  It's very nice and smooth, doesn't have much of a scent, and the best part is that it doesn't have that annoying stickiness that a lot of lipglosses do!  It's honestly the perfect mix between gloss and lipstick!


The color itself is really gorgeous, as well, and while I don't know that I'll be wearing it a ton this summer, since I've found myself more drawn to nude lips, I've already made the executive decision that I'm wearing this on Independence Day.  Doesn't it just scream barbecue picnics and days spent at the park?  I might have to rethink not wearing this much.  There actually seem to be quite a few events coming up this summer this color would be perfect for!


The other product I received was the Baked Body Frosting in Tahitian Glow, and I'll say right off the bat: I was skeptical about this.  I'm not really into any of the marbleized sorts of makeup products, simply because I like to know exactly what a color looks like before I use it.  I'm not sure why, and I don't know that it really makes logical sense, it's just how my brain works.  So, I didn't really think I'd get much use out of this.


However, the moment I tried it on, I changed my mind.  This stuff is gorgeous!  While I wouldn't actually recommend it as an "all over" type product, I do think it's gorgeous on your shoulders and chest to give you a nice, sunkissed glow, and there is a bit of shimmer to it, which would make it an ideal date night product.  Can you imagine the shimmer reflecting specks of candlelight?  It sounds so romantic to me!  In fact, tonight is date night for Joe and I, so I may have to try this...


As I said before, these were the first Laura Geller products I've ever tried, so I can't speak for the entire line, but I do have to say that I really enjoyed these two, particularly the Luscious Lips Lipstick.  While I think I'll use the shade Cherry Sorbet a lot more than I had initially, I may actually look into getting a more nude color, like Peach Buttercream.  That one also looks gorgeous, and if it works the same way, I think it'd end up being a staple in my collection!

Well, I think that's going to do it for today!  If you guys have tried any Laura Geller products, please let me know what you thought!  I'd love to know if there are other products I should try from this line, particularly since, like I said, I was definitely impressed with these two products!  Also, make sure to come back on Saturday!  I have a nice, hydrating recipe for you that I think you're going to enjoy!  As always, if you have a guess as to what the next post could be, let me know in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment