Fruit Infused Detox Water

While browsing Pinterest, I've started seeing all these really yummy looking detox water recipes, and I've gotten quite intrigued.  As some of you know, I am really trying to drink as much water as my body needs, and this just struck me as such an awesome way to not only get the hydration you need, but also to enjoy a nice, flavorful treat, as well.  So, naturally, I had to start trying some different recipes, and I came up with one that I think you'll enjoy with strawberries, cucumbers, lemon, and mint.  Personally, I love it, and Joe even said he liked it, and he's not really a fan of cucumbers.


Before we get into the recipe, however, I have to talk about the bottle I'm using to store it.  I actually got this for Christmas this past year from one of my sisters-in-law, and it's made specifically to infuse different liquids with fruit.  In fact, it's called a Fruit Infusion Flavor Bottle, and you can make not only infused water, but also olive oil, tea, cocktails, etc.  It's pretty awesome.  Oh, and apparently fruit will keep good in this guy for 10 days, which is nice, because then I don't feel like I'm wasting fruit.


For my batch of detox water, I used:

  • 4 large strawberries
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • 1/2 lemon
  • a few sprigs of mint



Let's just be honest here, you could easily just toss all the fruit in to a pitcher, or if you have one of these Fruit Infusion Flavor Bottles, you can toss it into the base and not worry about how it looks.  But, I do have to say, I love the way this looks with layers!  So, if you want to layer, I did 1 strawberry, cucumber, 1 strawberry, lemon, 1 strawberry, mint, and 1 strawberry.


At this point, all you have to do is fill the rest of it up with water, and let it sit for a while, so technically if you're just here for the recipe, you could leave this post.  However, I did also want to show you why this bottle is so cool!  As you can see from the picture below, the neck of the bottle is separate from the base.


This is really nice, because you have a larger opening to put the fruit in, and to refill with water, you can use the top opening.  The neck also has a strainer, so you don't have to worry about the top opening getting clogged with fruit while you're trying to pour!


So, there you go!  That's how I make my favorite fruit infused detox water!  I still drink a lot of plain old water, but this is definitely a tasty little treat, and honestly, this bottle really does make it so easy to make a big batch of fruit infused water.  We use it all the time, so I'd definitely recommend taking a look at it, and seeing if it would work for your family!


Whew!  This post is making me thirsty!  I think I'll have to get a glass of this myself as soon as I'm done talking to you guys!  If you have any good flavor combinations you think I should try, please let me know!  I'd love to experiment more with these waters!

Also, make sure to come back next Monday if you like beauty DIY's!  I've got one coming at you, and I'd love to know if you have any guesses as to what it could be!  Let me know what you think in the comment section, below!  Love you!

Comments