DIY Coffee & Coconut Sugar Scrub

You guys know how much I love my Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Sugar Scrub, but I do have to admit that I don't like to use it all the time, simply because I love it that much.  In an effort to save my sugar scrub solely for pampering nights, I decided to see if I could find a DIY sugar scrub that I could use on more of a regular basis.  


 I ended up finding a DIY Coffee and Coconut Sugar Scrub recipe that has been all over the internet (you know how much we love coffee!), and I'm not sure who I can really track this back to.  However, my friend Siri, from A Wildflower Life on YouTube also shared this recipe, which you can find here, so you should also check that one out!


As for the recipe itself, start with 1/2 cup of decent ground coffee.  You want it to be decent because coffee has a very powerful scent.  If you don't like the way it smells, it won't be a pleasant thing to use.


Combine it with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and 1 tsp of cinnamon.


Mix it all together to create a kind of dirt-looking moon sand mix, and that's all you need to do to make this Coffee & Coconut Sugar Scrub!  I know that doesn't sound appealing, but it works well, and let's just be honest: who doesn't like playing with moon sand?


All you have to do once you have your exfoliant is hop in the shower, and gently rub it over your body!  I would recommend doing this on wet skin, so that the ingredients stick together well, but that's really all I have to tell you - the sugar scrub will do the rest!

I hope you enjoy this DIY sugar scrub recipe, and if you try it, please let me know what you thought!  I am an absolute coffee addict, so I love this scrub, and it's definitely a nice DIY way to keep your legs nice and soft through the summer by using ingredients you probably already have in your home!  Finally, make sure to come back on Saturday for another, more edible recipe!  I'm really looking forward to sharing it with you guys, so make sure to follow this blog so you know when it goes up!

Comments