Chipotle Inspired Burrito Recipe

Guess what!  It's my husband, Joe's, birthday!  While I'll refrain from telling you how old he is, I did want to kind of commemorate the occasion by sharing with you one of our favorite recipes.  His favorite kind of food is Mexican, particularly burritos - at least that's what he tells me.  So, I thought I'd share our recipe for Chipotle-inspired burritos at home!


We find that there are two main pieces to making our burritos: 1) Meat that's been seasoned with chipotle and grilled.


and 2) Rice that's been flavored with cilantro and juice from half a lime.  I'd like to say that there's more to it than that, but there's really not.  I can tell you that we like our steaks to be medium rare by the time we cut it into squares for our burrito, and that we make one serving each of Minute Rice, but that's about it.  We kind of eyeball everything else.


As for the rest of the burrito, it's just like being at an actual Chipotle restaurant, and you can pick your toppings!  We really like adding black beans, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, black olives, salsa (anything with a good kick!), etc.


Then, just toss that into a warmed tortilla, and fold it up!  Honestly, burritos are really easy to make, and really tasty to eat!  We have them quite a bit - almost as much as we have our Chicken Stir Fry.  


If you guys try out this recipe, please let me know what you think!  I know it's nothing exact, but I promise it will be worth it!  Also, make sure to come back on Saturday for a special post on one of Joe's birthday presents.  He's been eyeing something for quite a while, and I'm kind of curious to try it out myself.  If you have any guesses as to what it might be, please let me know in the comment section!

Comments