Saturday, June 20, 2015

Basil Lemonade Recipe

With summer officially beginning tomorrow, I thought I'd share a lemonade recipe with you!  Personally, I can't think of many other beverages that scream summer louder than lemonade, whether it's the typical Country Time lemonade, homemade, or spiked with a little vodka and mint (my personal favorite!).  Or, you could try this Basil Lemonade recipe that Joe and I just tried a few days ago.  We both really liked it, and I hope you do, too!


Basil Lemonade Recipe

  • 2 cups Basil Lemonade syrup (see below)
  • 2 cups cold water, or more to your liking
  • 2 cups ice cubes
  • 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
  • Garnish: fresh basil sprigs; lemon slices
Stir together all ingredients in a large pitcher, then pour into tall glasses half filled with ice.


Basil Lemon Syrup
  • 4 cups packed fresh basil sprigs
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 9 (4"x1") strips of lemon zest
Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved.  Let stand at room temperature, covered, 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container and chill until cold, about 1 hour.  Strain syrup through a sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on and then discarding the solids.  Syrup keeps covered and chilled 5 days.


Like I said, we love this lemonade recipe, and there really isn't much better than homemade lemonade.  Plus, even though we used store-bought basil for this batch, we have some basil that has been growing really well, so soon enough we'll be able to use our own!  If you guys try this recipe yourself, please let me know what you thought of it in the comment section!  I'd love to hear your opinions!

As always, make sure to come back next Tuesday!  I have a makeup review planned that I think you're going to want to check out.  It's a product that has since replaced a former love of mine, and when I say love, I mean that it's been a necessary product in my collection for years.  I'll see you then!

No comments :

Post a Comment