Thursday, May 7, 2015

Vogue Knitting Lace Batwing Top + OOTD

A lot of you really enjoyed the Sweater a Month series I did last year, and I got a ton of requests to continue it this year, but just between us, that was a lot of work.  I just couldn't get myself to do it again.  That doesn't mean I've stopped knitting, though, and I wanted to share my newest creation with you guys today!  


I have been obsessed with Dolman/Batwing tops for a little while, now, so when I was browsing Vogue Knitting's site recently, and came across the Lace Batwing Top, I couldn't help but to get those knitting needles going again!  I did up my needle size from what was recommended, just to get this sweater to be a little more baggy and casual looking than the original.  I also used a yarn that was new to me, but already a favorite: Baby Bee Sweet Delight yarn in Teddy.  Yes, I used baby yarn, but I love that it's not as shiny as other yarns, and super soft!


As for my outfit, I feel like a dolman top, jeans, and boots is quickly becoming somewhat of a uniform, so it's not really surprising that I chose to wear that exact combination today.  It's just such a nice, cozy outfit, and considering that it's been such a dreary, rainy day here, cozy is precisely the way I want to feel today.


I kept this outfit super simply, my only accessories being my wedding/engagement rings and a bracelet I picked up from J. Crew a couple years ago, and still wear quite frequently.  I love J. Crew's bracelet selection!  They fit my wrist perfectly, and are so nice to pair with just about anything!


These boots have been an absolute staple in my closet this past Fall, Winter, and Spring, and I can kind of see myself wearing these on cooler Summer days, too.  They'd also be perfect for bonfires, or a casual camping trip if I could convince the hubby to go! ;)

Finally, the bag I'm carrying is an old favorite from Rebecca Minkoff.  This is the Quilted Mini Affair bag, that kind of reminds me of those classy, quilted Chanel bags.  Honestly, I would love a Chanel bag.  Love it.  But, at $1,000+, it makes this purse look like a steal.


I think that's it for today's post, though!  I sincerely hope that you have enjoyed this post, and you love this top as much as I do.  I know summer isn't typically when one wears sweaters, but since this one is so lightweight, I think I actually might!

Oh, and make sure to come back here on Saturday!  I have a fun beauty DIY for you that I'm really excited about. :)  If you're looking for more fashion content, though, hop on over to my YouTube channel tomorrow.  There's a video going up there that talks about a concept that has completely changed how I think about my clothing.  You aren't going to want to miss it!

Sweater: Vogue Knitting / Jeans: American Eagle / Boots: Target (similar) / Bracelet: J. Crew (similar) / Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

No comments :

Post a Comment