Shirley Temple Cocktail

You guys know that I love a good cocktail, and with summertime coming up, I figured that it was about time to give you another recipe.  However, when I sat down to think about different ones I could do, I started craving a nice Shirley Temple.  Now, I know this is a really easy drink to make, but I still wanted to write up a quick post on it for two reasons: 1) It's non-alcoholic, so age doesn't matter with this beverage, and 2) As a reminder that Shirley Temples are amazing.


All you need for this recipe is ice, ginger ale, grenadine, lemon slices, and maraschino cherries.  First, fill a glass with ice.  This will make the Shirley Temple super cold which makes it even tastier.


Then, I added about 6 oz. of ginger ale to my glass.  To feel particularly adult, I used a shot glass and filled it up 4 times, since a shot glass is about 1.5 oz.


I used about an ounce and a half of grenadine, or one shot glass, and added this to the ginger ale.  This ended up being quite sweet, which is what I was going for, but you can certainly play around with the measurements on this one.


Finally, it's time to garnish.  Personally, I think maraschino cherries are a must with a Shirley Temple.  It just doesn't feel the same without them.  But, if you really want to get fancy, you can also add a nice lemon slice to the rim of your glass, and you're all set!


If you try this recipe out, please let me know what you thought of it, or just if you like Shirley Temples in general!  Also, I'd really like to start delving into more non-alcoholic cocktails, so if you have any recipes or drinks that you really like that fit that criteria, let me know!  I have some friends that don't drink, so I'd love to serve them something fun when we're entertaining. :)

Well, we've reached the end of another week!  I hope all of you are well, and I'll be back here on Tuesday with a new post!  I've really been enjoying giving you guys hints as to what's coming up, so here's your hint for the next one: it's going to be about men's fashion!  If you have any guesses as to what it could be, let me know in the comment section!

Comments