Thursday, May 14, 2015

Quick and Easy DIY Floral Necklace

This project was so stupidly easy, that I honestly didn't think I should even bother putting it up.  However, I've found myself wearing this necklace a lot, and since there clearly isn't a store I can point you to to purchase your own, I figured I'd do the next best thing and tell you how I made it.


For this project, I used a wire cutter, a needle nose pliers, a cool chain, and a floral pendant.  Both the chain and pendant were purchased at Hobby Lobby and they were made by Metal Gallery.


First, I found the center link of the chain, and used the wire cutter to take this link out.


Doing this essentially gives us two separate chain lengths, and space to add the floral pendant.


All that's left is to attach each end of the chain to the jump rings included with the pendant.


See what I mean?  This project is so simple and easy, yet it yields an awesome result!  I know I'd pick  it up if I saw it in a store!  If you're new to jewelry making, a project like this is wonderful, because it just quickly introduces you to a couple tools, then you're left with a ready to wear piece.


As always, if you make this necklace or something similar, please let me know, and definitely send me pictures of your creations!  You can contact me through a comment here, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Oh, and make sure to stop back on Saturday!  I have a fun post planned that also has to do with flowers...in a way. ;)  I bet you won't be able to guess what it is!  Let me know what you think it could be in the comment section below!

No comments :

Post a Comment