My Tiny Tea Tin Garden Experiment

Some of you may know that I really don't have much of a green thumb.  But, I really want to be able to grow things, and practice makes perfect, right?  So, today, I'm starting a bit of an experiment: I'm starting an herb garden with recycled tea tins!  I saw this idea on Pinterest, and thought it was a great idea, considering I'm essentially obsessed with tea.


So, the first thing I did was found some tea that had interesting looking tins.  These Harney & Sons Fine Teas are from Target, and since they come in a variety of colors that I can switch out every once in a while, I figured they'd be a good option.  I picked up an Earl Grey (blue), Peppermint Herbal (green), and Vanilla Comodoro (cream).  The Peppermint was by far my favorite, and I loved using the Earl Grey in London Fog lattes, but I wasn't a big fan of the Vanilla.  I'm not really sure why.  I just didn't like it, I guess.


About the same time I was trying to get through all that tea, which really wasn't too difficult, I started some seeds in one of those Jiffy greenhouses.  I honestly don't remember which plants are what, or even exactly what I planted.  I'm sure that's bad, but the ones I kind of care about are lavender, basil, and oregano.  They're all in this little greenhouse somewhere, so if things keep going the way they are, I should have at least a plant of each!


When I was finished with the tea, and some of my seeds had sprouted, I filled the tin with some of the Miracle Grow Seed Starting Soil.  I'm no connoisseur of soil, so everything's essentially just dirt to me.  If you have a little more experience, please don't hesitate to tell me more about this topic in the comment section!  Really, anything to do with gardening would be helpful.  Anyway, in the picture below, you can see that I filled the tin up to the line with soil.


Then, I dug a little hole, and put my little seed starter pellet in the tin. 


All that was left was to make sure the soil was nice and even, then water the new little garden to make sure the soil was moist.  Clearly, I'm not very far into this experiment, so I'm not even sure it will work.  However, I loved the idea, so I wanted to share it with you, and will be providing updates on my little herb garden as it hopefully grows.  Make sure to follow this blog to see when I post those!  Wish me luck on this little experiment, and like I said earlier, if you have any tips and tricks on gardening, please let me know!


I'm so glad to be back into blogging, and working on my YouTube channel!  Last month was really tough, and throwing myself back into work, whether it be my real job, blogging, YouTube, etc., has just been so good for me.  You guys are just the sweetest, and I really do appreciate each and every one of you.  

With that, I should probably sign off for the day, but make sure to come back next Tuesday!  I'm going to be talking about a skincare product that I've been on the hunt for, and am now obsessed with!  If you have any guesses as to what it could be, let me know by leaving me a comment below!  

Comments