Maybelline Blushed Nudes Palette

It's a makeup review!  This particular one is going to be on the Blushed Nudes palette from Maybelline.  I did receive this product to test out, but rest assured, this will still be an honest review.  I know some beauty bloggers will say that they won't talk about a products they wouldn't purchase themselves, but as I'm sure you've figured out, I'm really trying to downsize, so I probably wouldn't have bought this myself.  I already own the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay, which is what this palette seems to be compared to most frequently, so it just wouldn't make sense.


However, right off the bat, I do have to tell you that if I could go back and just choose between the two of them, I'd actually go with the Blushed Nudes palette.  I've been using this palette a lot ever since I got it, and if you were around when I got my Naked 3 palette, you may have noticed that I really didn't use it much.  I think the biggest difference for me is that the shades in the Naked 3 are a bit warmer and brighter, which made it difficult to use on my super fair skin.  I had to be really careful with them, or it would look like I had an eye infection.  Because the Blushed Nudes are a little cooler, they are much easier to wear.  I also like that these colors have more of a satin finish, while the Naked 3 has much more glitter in their shadows.


As for the quality of the shadows themselves, this is where we do have to be a little more brutal, I suppose.  They're a little chalky, which you can see in the photo below, and you do have to work with them a bit more to build up the color.  You have to be patient in blending the colors together, but once you get it, this really is a wonderful palette.  Plus, this sells for around $10, whereas the Naked 3 sells for closer to $55.  You simply can't expect them to perform the same way.


As for me, I really like this palette, and like I said, I reach for it way more than my Naked 3.  However, I do think a big part of that has to do with the fact that these colors are better for my fair skin.  Because they aren't as pigmented, I imagine they would be difficult to use on darker skin tones, though, and it's probably not a palette that would be good if you're running late since it does require a bit of work.  I have a feeling this is one of those 'love it' or 'hate it' products.

If you'd like to see this palette in action, make sure to check out my Blooming Roses Makeup Tutorial, which features these shadows!  It's my first makeup tutorial in quite a while, so I hope you like it!  Also, make sure to come back on Thursday for another floral type post.  It'll be a DIY, and I know how much you guys like those!  I hope to see you then!  As for now, make sure to let me know what your opinions are on this palette in the comment section, or chat with me on FacebookTwitter, or Instagram!

Comments