London Fog Lip Scrub

Some of you may remember that back in March, I posted a recipe for a London Fog latte.  Well, after that, my obsession with the beverage just continued, and I ended up creating a lip scrub that was based on the drink, as well!  I absolutely love the gentle exfoliation it gives your lips, and this is definitely the yummiest lip scrub I've ever made, so clearly I had to share the recipe with you guys!


Ingredients
1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp loose leaf Earl Grey tea
1/4 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Almond Extract


Making a lip scrub is incredibly easy!  All you have to do is combine all the ingredients into a small bowl, ramekin, or in my case, a measuring cup. Mix the ingredients well, and you have your lip scrub.


To use, apply the scrub to your lips with a finger, and gently rub to exfoliate.  Remove with a warm, damp rag.  Though all of these ingredients are edible, and it smells to appetizing, I would not recommend licking it off, as the point is to get the dead skin cells off your lips, so at this point, the scrub is mixed with dead skin...kinda gross.


Finally, I like to finish off with a nice lip balm that compliments the scrub, like the Bee Well Essentials Lavender Bliss Lip Balm.  I know I've talked about those balms a lot, but they really are amazing, and you can find them on Etsy.  I would highly recommend them!

Please let me know if you try this scrub out, and tell me what you think!  You can let me know through a comment here, FacebookTwitter, or Instagram.  I would particularly love to see pictures of you using the scrub!  As for now, I think I'm going to let you go for the weekend, but please come back next Tuesday for a new post.  I suppose that since I've been giving you hints as to what's coming next, I maybe should give you one to hold you over, hmm?  Well, let me just say that if you love rose gold and makeup, you'll want to be here on Tuesday. ;)

Comments