Friday, April 3, 2015

Diffusing Essential Oils

My goodness, it seems like everyone is talking about essential oils, doesn't it?  Now, every time I go on Pinterest, I'm finding recipes for different medicinal remedies using them, beauty recipes, even suggestions to use oils in food!  To be honest, I haven't fully decided what I think about all that, but one use I have definitely decided I like is diffusing oils.  


While even in diffusing there seem to also be an endless array of possibilities from using specific oils to kill off airborne bacteria, help in curing colds, etc., I've found that for the most part, I just like to have a nice scent wafting through our house, specifically in the bedroom where I like to diffuse a nice, lavender oil.  Before I get into that, however, I wanted to talk about the diffuser I use, specifically.


Most of the people that I know personally use a Young Living diffuser, since we have a fairly large community of people that swear by them where I live, and honestly, if I end up purchasing more oils, I'll probably go through one of them, if only to support their business.  However, I can't say that I am the biggest fan of the way their diffuser looks.  Actually, let me restate: it's a beautiful diffuser that just doesn't go with my decor :).


So, I took to Amazon, in search of a diffuser I did like, and found this Jasmine Aroma Diffuser by Stadler Form.  They come in a ton of different colors, but my favorite, of course, was black.  I just think it's such a nice, sleek design, and just blends with all of our other decor items so nicely.  It can also diffuse continuously, or at an interval of 10 minutes on, 20 minutes off.  Personally, I love the interval option, particularly when we're sleeping, because you don't really have to worry about it, and you don't get used to the scent, either!


As for the oil I use in this diffuser, I love using lavender.  Like I said earlier, I don't know about all the medicinal uses - I'm still reading a lot about them - but from essentially everything I've read, lavender is supposed to help relieve stress, and allow a person to relax, and sleep.  Some of you know that I occasionally struggle with a bit of insomnia, and my husband has a rather stressful job.  So, if all of this is true, then bring on the lavender!  But, we also just both really like the scent of it, and the lavender does create a nice atmosphere, too, so in that way it's basically a safer version of a candle.


The specific oil I use is from a brand called Aura Cacia.  I just found this at my local grocery store, and it does what I need it to just fine!  Maybe in the future I'll purchase some of the fancier oils, but this has definitely lasted me a while!  In fact, if you wanted, you could go back to my DIY Dryer Balls post (which I still use, and love), and you'll see that I used the exact same bottle of lavender oil.  A little of this stuff goes a long way!

While my jury is still out on my full opinion of essential oils, and I haven't chosen between Young Living, DoTerra, or any other brand, I am curious as to what you think of them!  Let me know what you think about essential oils, diffusing, and different brands, so I can make an informed decision!  Love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment