Our Rearranged Living Room

If you watch my vlog channel, you'll know that Joe and I have completely rearranged our living room.  If you don't follow this channel, and haven't seen this video, or any of my other vlogs, you may not know what my living room kind of looked like.  If that is the case, then just consider this my first home decor post!  I wouldn't consider this completely finished, as we plan to add some curtains to the door and windows, but we're close, and this has already been a huge change!


Unfortunately, I don't have any good 'before' pictures, so I can't show you what this room looked like before.  But, I can tell you is that this is the first time we've had an actual kitchen table with not one but two chairs.  This space is fairly small, so we had to get kind of creative with it.  But, there are two of us (a cat, a gerbil, and a fish) living here, and the price is right, so we're not in any hurry to leave, much as I've alluded to the desire on YouTube. :)


Clearly, my "new" table and chairs is my favorite part of the living room, so I had to get a picture solely of that.  We actually inherited this from some friends of ours that weren't using it anymore, so I can't really tell you where it was from, which will be the case for just about every piece of furniture we own.  Let me tell you, I may be a beauty/fashion girl on YouTube, but I am not below accepting hand-me-downs!  Nor is Joe, so that works out well!  I can tell you that centerpiece is a candle holder from Bath & Body Works, though, and the candle inside is a Vanilla Bean candle from Target that smells amazing, though!


As a bit of decoration for the wall behind the table, I have this trio set of mirrors that I once again, can't tell you where I got them, other than that it was at a charity silent auction, and they're handmade.  I can't remember who made them, though, and therefore have no idea whether they're for sale anywhere or not.  I love them, though, and the two smaller ones have space to put a tea candle, which I'll often use when we have guests over.


On the other side of the room, we have our couch and armchair.  Joe got these when he was working with an architectural firm, and they'd finished with a house staging.  Apparently, they didn't need them anymore, so we got them.  Well, technically he got them.  We hadn't started dating at that point!  The throw pillows were given to us by the same friends that gave us the table and chairs, and I actually do know where the blankets are from!  We have two faux fur blankets both from the Target brand Threshold, and we have already used them to death!  They're so soft, cozy, and warm.  The only downside is that Cricket, our cat, apparently thinks they're his kin, and continuously tries to groom them.


Finally, we put out television in the corner, and spent a ton of time making sure that all the cords were nice and clean, so you can't really see them hanging down anywhere.  This is really Joe's area, so I can't tell you much about the actual equipment.


However, I can tell you a little about the decor!  On the left speaker, I have this Janet Craig Compacta (I would have no idea what this was if I hadn't labeled it) that I got from Walmart last summer, and am amazed that I haven't completely killed it!  The pot is also from there, and I like it because it has kind of an 'old Hollywood' vibe to me.  Right next to it is Chase the Mouse, who goes with us whenever we're on vacation.  You might recognize him from Instagram or our Cruise post!  I purchased him at a small floral shop in Bemidji, Minnesota called KD Floral.


Finally, I have a few pictures sprinkled around the entertainment center of our wedding and engagement session.  All of them are in Threshold frames, once again from Target, and I absolutely love them!  I've shown some of these before, so you may already be familiar with them.

Well, that's going to do it for now!  I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, and if you have, please let me know in the comment section.  Oh, and if you have any ideas on what else I should do with this room, please let me know that, as well.  Like I said, we are planning on putting up some curtains, but that's all we have planned for now.  If there are any other decor posts you'd like to see, certainly let me know!

Comments

  1. Hey girl! I love the way you re-arranged this! I'm literally always looking to re-arrange and re-decorate my apartment so this is great! Me and my bf don't have a super big space either and we do have a turtle and two guinea pigs so it's hard to make everything fit right haha!

    love,
    Adela
    adelabella1@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment