Monday, March 30, 2015

Olivia Burton Watches

I love looking at Olivia Burton watches.  The photography on their website is absolutely gorgeous, and I love their beautiful, vintage inspired watches.  But, up until recently I hadn't actually taken the plunge and picked a couple up.  Yes, a couple.  I'd had the intention of deciding which one I liked better, and then sending the other back, but when they finally came, I loved them both too much to part with one.  Now, before I get too far into this post, I do want to mention that I picked both of mine up from Asos, since the exact ones I wanted weren't in stock at Olivia Burton.


I also want to take a moment and just appreciate the packaging on these little guys.  They both came in the beautiful floral boxes you can see above, with a couple little bird details.  I love their logo, too!  It's one of the cutest little birds I've ever seen!  Then, inside these boxes, there was another, simple box with their logo on the top, and once again gorgeous.  It was so much fun opening these up because of it!


Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about what I know you're all curious about: the watches, themselves!  The first one that I saw and fell in love with was the Winter Garden Floral Watch in Black and Gold.  I don't know if you agree, but I think it's much prettier than it looks on Asos's website, and I must say, I think that the photos here portray the colors a bit truer to life, as well.  Luckily, I'd seen it other places before, so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting!


This watch has an oversize dial, and I think the flowers on it make an awesome statement!  As you guys know, I wear a lot of kind of bland clothing, and I don't often do patterns.  That makes this watch pretty much perfect for any occasion for me!  Also, even though it's from their Winter Floral collection, I can definitely see myself wearing this throughout spring and summer, and still finding it appropriate.  After all, when are flowers not a welcome sight?


The other watch I picked up was from Olivia Burton's Wonderland Collection.  Looking at these watches really does remind me of Alice in Wonderland, and falling down the rabbit hole, they're so pretty!  I will also say that these are a bit harder to find, and I know the one I got, the Wonderland Grey and Gold watch, is currently out of stock, even on Asos!  But, who knows?  They may come back, again!


This one is a bit smaller than the other watch, and has a midi face.  It also falls more into my "bland color scheme" but it's so pretty!  While the other watch is more of a statement style watch, this one is more suited to every day wear, though I wouldn't be surprised if I wore them pretty much equally!  The top photo doesn't show it quite as well, but as you can see from the photo below, this watch has a lovely light gold face that makes it feel nice and elegant, as well.  Only a couple of watches from the Wonderland collection have this feature, which I admit is something I was drawn to!


So, there you have it!  Those are my two new Olivia Burton watches, and I must say that I absolutely love them!  I don't typically wear watches, so I'm still getting used to the feel of them around my wrist, but they've already become a staple in my wardrobe!  As always, I'm curious to know what you think!  Let me know if you like the ones I picked up or not, if you've purchased an Olivia Burton watch yourself, what your favorite watch is, or if you're even a watch-wearer!  Anything you want to tell me, I'm all ears!  Love you!

1 comment :

  1. You look so gracious with your watch,and the design is very beautiful. and i share you a site to look more Women's Watches.
    www.gearbest.com/women's-watches-_gear/

    ReplyDelete