Wednesday, March 4, 2015

MAC Cinderella Collection

I've never gotten in on a MAC collection.  Ever.  But, when I found out that they were coming out with a Cinderella collection, I knew I had to get in on it.  I'm a sucker for all things Disney, particularly Disney princesses.  This collection became available online on February 26, but it will also be in stores March 5, 2015 to April 16, 2015 if you are interested in any of these items!  Last I checked, all of these were sold out online.  Before I get into exactly what I purchased, I want to quick point out how beautifully these are packaged!  I wish I could think of a reason to keep these lovely, powdery blue boxes, but as I can't, I'm keeping their memory alive here!


First, I picked up this lipstick in Royal Ball ($17.50).  It's a lustre finish, meaning that it's slightly shimmery and pearlescent, but not frosty.  The color is a light, peachy pink that makes for a lovely, natural looking color that is nude-like, but won't wash you out.


Then, I picked up this lipglass in Glass Slipper ($16.50).  It's a very light pink with bight pink sparkles that have a slight violet tint to them, giving this gloss an overall pinky feel.  It's absolutely gorgeous, and I imagine would look lovely over all manner of nude-pink colors!


Glass Slipper, Royal Ball Swatches


I also picked up the slightly controversial eyeshadow palette, which has six colors, almost all of which are in the permanent collection.  Now, if you are a big MAC collector, I can completely understand why this would be a turn off, but the colors included in this palette are all very popular colors, of which I perviously owned zero.


So, now I own Vapour, Phloof!, Omega, Quarry, Satin Taupe, and Stroke of Midnight (the original color), and the entire palette cost me $44.00.  Now, if you were to get these colors in their pro palette pan, which is the cheapest way to buy them from the MAC website, it would cost $10 per eyeshadow, and you couldn't even get the Stroke of Midnight shadow!  Clearly, for me, this is a good deal, and I get to have them in a beautiful Cinderella package!


Vapour, Phloof!
Omega, Quarry
Satin Taupe, Stroke of Midnight
Swatches


I haven't gotten to really play around with these colors, much, but once I do, I'll certainly let you know what I think!  Just as a first impression, though, I love all of these colors, and can't wait to see what I can come up with!  Maybe I'll have to do a makeup tutorial?  It seems like it's been a while since I've done one of those, so I must be due for a new one!  What do you guys think of this collection?  Do any of these items catch your fancy, or are there any other items in this collection you'd like to check out?  Let me know in the comment section!

No comments :

Post a Comment