Monday, February 9, 2015

My Jewelry Organization

Quite a while back, I was looking at Rachel Talbott's blog (love her!), and she had a post on Jewelry Organization & Storage.  I absolutely fell in love with her setup, particularly the Stackers jewelry box she'd gotten from the Container Store.  In fact, it was essentially about ten minutes later that I purchased the same jewelry box for myself, but I wanted to make sure that I really liked the setup before I actually told you guys about it.  As you are now seeing this post, you can rest assured that I love it!


I keep all my jewelry on a shelf in a wardrobe that I have in my bedroom, which gives me easy access to everything.  My jewelry is essentially solely kept in the Stackers box, unless it falls into the bangle category, in which case it rests on a bracelet display.  As this area would look a bit barren if it only contained these two pieces, I also set my Dolce perfume by the bracelets, and have my wedding bouquet tucked in the back for some extra color!


My bangles are quite honestly not worn very frequently, but I do still like to keep them organized, by having the silver colored ones on the left, and gold tones on the right.  Since a couple of my gold bangles also have little micro pearls, I decided to put my pearl bracelets on the right, as well.


Then, I have my Stackers box.  I can't even begin to describe to you how much I love this thing.  I've had other jewelry boxes in the past, but this one is so nice.  You can really customize them to your liking.  There are several colors and sizes, all to suit your own personal needs.  As for me, I got the Supersize Lidded Stacker and Supersize Deep Section Stacker, both in Mink.  


In the lidded section, there are two sections for rings and earrings, so I keep my studded earrings on the left hand side, organized mostly by size.


Then, I keep my rings on the right hand side, with my very favorites in the front row.  The rings in that row are sentimental to me, in that the purple one I purchased from a small boutique when I was in Budapest, Hungary, the center grey one was from Lutsen in northern Minnesota, and the pearl ring was one my mom gave me that she'd gotten on a trip to Florida back when she was in high school!


The rest of this section is comprised of small sections where I keep some of my more delicate necklaces, like this one that I wore on my wedding day.  It belonged to my great grandmother, who passed it on to me from her grandmother.  I absolutely love it, and can't wait to pass it on if I'm one day blessed with a daughter.


Finally, in the Deep Section, I keep my most worn bracelets, along with my favorite statement necklaces.  For the most part, I try to only put one jewelry item in each compartment, just because I like the way it looks!


So, that is how I store my jewelry!  I hope you guys have enjoyed this little peek into my jewelry collection and that this post has inspired you to organize your jewelry, as well!  Let me know how you keep organized in the comment section, or via social media!

No comments :

Post a Comment