London Fog Recipe

In my most recent Favorites video, I told you guys that I was going to share my London Fog recipe with you, and now, the wait is over!  I'm so excited to share this recipe with you, especially since this is my first non-cocktail recipe on this blog.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to do that, as I don't actually drink very much.  In fact, I have to make sure my cocktails taste really good because between you and I, I don't like the taste of alcohol very much!  But, I digress.


If you've never heard of a London Fog before, you're actually in very good company.  Until a few weeks ago, I hadn't either, but after being introduced to them by my friend, Shannon, I quickly became obsessed.  Basically, it is a little like a chai tea latte (another of my favorites!), except rather than using chai tea, you instead use Earl Grey tea, and make it a little sweeter with sugar and typically vanilla.  However, I got the bright idea to use almond extract instead, and it is absolutely amazing!  Now that I have your interest, let's get into the recipe itself!


Ingredients
  • Earl Grey Tea
  • 1 cup boiled water (you want it hot!)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
First, you'll want to make a cup of Earl Grey tea, adding the sugar and almond extract to this cup.  I like to use loose leaf essentially whenever I make tea, but a regular tea bag would still do the trick!





Then, you'll want to prepare the milk.  I've really been enjoying using the steaming function on our Breville espresso machine, since it gives the milk a nice froth, but if you don't have an espresso machine, fear not!  You can also do this on the stovetop by bringing the milk to a simmer.  It won't have the same froth, but it'll still taste the same.  Just make sure it doesn't come to a complete boil.


Finally, pour the milk into the cup of tea you've already prepared, and mix it together.  I'm really classy, and I just use your standard spoon to do this. :)


Then, that's it!  You have a lovely, easy latte that tastes amazing!  I've actually started having these essentially every morning, just because they're so simple to make, and are a little less harsh on the stomach than your typical cup of coffee!


I hope you guys try this recipe out, and if you do, please let me know via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!  I would love to see your recreations, and know your reactions to it!

Comments