Erin Condren Life Planner

Well, I've caved.  I got the Erin Condren Life planner, like so many other bloggers out there.  To be fair, I've used planners since early high school, and though I hate to mention my age, my ten year high school reunion is coming up in just a couple years.  Sigh.  So, I've been using planners for quite some time, and couldn't imagine my life without one.  Up until now, I've only used the cheaper Target ones, which I love, but I thought I'd try something different, and this one has been talked about a lot!


To begin with, it is a gorgeous planner.  This particular one is the Gold Foil Edition in charcoal, and I love the outside of it!  I did have it personalized with my name, the way they suggest on the site.  When you're personalizing a planner through this site, you do have the option to mix up the capitalization, which is kind of fun, but since I'm boring, I left it as it was - and I love it.  I adore how they lined the two names up!  My one issue with the cover is that it's laminated, and when I'd seen it other places, I'd thought it was more of a hardcover, journal style.  It's not that big of a deal, but definitely not what I was expecting.


On the inside cover, they have a lovely place to put your information, like your address, phone number, etc., so that if you lose it, someone can return it to you.  It's probably the prettiest I've seen this page done, though it doesn't have a place to put your emergency contact information like my previous planners did.  Granted, if something's happened to you, the people around you probably aren't going to reach for your planner first to find out who you are, so I suppose it's not really a necessary section. 


Finally, there's the planning part of the planner.  I'm not going to include a ton of pictures of this, since I'm sure you've seen this part before from other bloggers, and right now, mine's pretty boring.  Each month begins with a full layout of the month, then is followed by the weekly spread.  The weekly spread, which is pretty much all that I use, may take some getting used to.  My other planners were laid out horizontally, while this one is vertical, splitting the day up into morning, day, and night.  I really do think this layout will be really useful, but for right now, I'm still getting used to it!


As I said, mine's pretty boring right now.  A lot of bloggers will decorate their planners with washi tape, colored pens, stickers, and all manner of scrapbooking materials, and I made a little attempt with one of my weeks, but I'm not really incredibly fond of it, so I don't want to share it with you guys!  However, once I get the hang of it, I'll maybe do an update post on how it looks!  This is, of course, first and foremost for organizing my life, and I'd love any tips you guys have on how to do that!  I'd love to know if you have any suggestions on how to use this particular planner more effectively, or tips on how to keep your life more organized in general!  Let me know in the comment section!

Comments

Post a Comment