Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana

In the two years or so that I've had this blog, I've maybe talked about perfumes once or twice.  I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't usually get too excited about new fragrances, and I frequently forget to use the ones that I do own.  However, when I was wondering around Sephora the other day, I ran into a perfume that really did get me quite excited: Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana.


This perfume has a very nice, light floral scent, that is so nice and clean without being too overpowering.  I know that I personally am not frequently interested in floral scents, but I think what's appealing about this scent over other floral perfumes is that it is so light.  It seems like others can be so heavy, and sometimes have a powdery scent to them, which turns me off immediately.  It is a bit more of a mature scent to me, though, in that I know I wouldn't have been wearing anything like it back when I was in high school or college, but it is still more of a daytime scent.


So, other than a floral scented perfume, I'm sure at this point you're wondering, 'So, what does this thing smell like???'  Well, as I've said before, I'm not very good at picking out notes by myself, so I popped over to Fragranatica.com to do a bit of research.  Its top notes are papaya flower and neroli, its middle notes are amaryllis, narcissus, and water lily, while its base notes are probably the reason I like this perfume over other floral scents as they are musk and cashmeran.


Obviously, when you're looking into the purchase of a perfume, the scent is going to be the most important part, which is why I wanted to spend the majority of this post talking about that.  However, I did also want to quick talk about the bottle, as well, since that is also an element that, much as I hate to admit it, makes an impact in my decision making.  I love the look of this bottle!  The base is so simple and elegant, with a gorgeous rose on top that although it seems to be made of plastic, it looks like it should be porcelain, and then the look is completed with a simple little bow around the neck.  Talk about sophistication!  I feel like such a princess when I use this!  

Now that I've gotten you all excited about this scent, I will leave you with this one downside: the bottle I have is 1oz, and it did cost about $70, which is a bit outrageous, even for a perfume.  But, like I said, I don't usually get excited about a scent, so I felt it was worth the splurge.  It is definitely a purchase you want to carefully consider first, though!

Comments